Chapter 16 - The Lonely

Charlie's P.O.V.

I died on my 18th Birthday. Or at least, that's what they say.

Today, I was pronounced dead to the world. Raymond announced it. Said he found me dead on the road. It's all over the media. They call it suicide. I call it lies.

I'm in an empty room. Concrete floor, concrete walls, concrete ceiling. It's a room of concrete. I sit on the simple metal white bed with a skimpy mattress. Staring at the small window, covered with bars at the top of the wall. 

My body was covered in dirt, my hair in knots, my smile no longer existed. Everyone thought I was dead. James, Niall, Mom, Zayn, Liam, Louis, Harry, Danielle, Eleanor, Alice... They all thought I was dead. Dad was the only one who knew it was a lie. Because I wasn't with him. I'd rather be dead than here though. 

Daddy always said one day I'd have a great big wedding, who would've thought that my funeral would come first. Who would've thought that I wouldn't be there. Who would've thought that I'd be dead. 

I feel as if I'm stuck. Stuck between heaven and here. I hear dad talking to me, but I can hear what's going on here too. I'm stuck.

The funeral's going to be on television. Apparently it's all big 'Cause I knew One Direction, A Sargent found me, and Ed Sheeran's gonna play at it. Raymond's gonna make me watch it. 

I sit in this tiny room, waiting for someone to come, to let me leave. I've only been here for two days, and it feels like a year. 

I get lonely. I hum a song, it's always the same song. 

God knows what is hiding in that weak and drunken heart

I guess that you kissed the girls and made them cry

those Hard faced Queens of misadventure

God knows what is hiding in those weak and sunken eyes

A fiery throng of muted angels

Giving love and getting nothing back

People help the people 

I don't know what it means, but it makes me feel good.

My funeral is today,  I don't wanna watch it. It would mean I'm gone for good in everyone's eyes, It means there's no way out.

I'm in a new room, there are wooden floors, Baby blue walls, white ceiling, windows, no bars, a yellow couch, and a TV. I'm here to watch the funeral. 

I'm still in the white dress that daddy once loved, it's gone gray. My skin is smeared with brown. My hair looks brunette. But my eyes are still blue.

I sit on the couch, staring at the TV. There's so many people, and they're all crying. Ed Sheeran's on the stage of the church. His voice echos through the room.

And they say, she;s in the Class A Team

Stuck in her daydream, Been this way since 18

But lately her face seems, Slowly sinking, wasting

Crumbing like pastries, And they scream

The worst things in life come free to us

Cos' we're just under the upper hand

Go mad for a couple grams

And she don't wanna go outside tonight

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

Or sells love to another man

It's to cold outside 

For angels to fly

Angels to fly

I recognize the room they're in, I know that church. My heart beats faster. I need to prove I'm not dead while I still can, while I'm still alive.

I open the door slowly, leaving marks on the white polished door. No one is in the hall. I slowly creep down it, there's a door at the end of the hallway. I push it open, leaving more marks. It leads outside. The light hits me, I want to scream. It's so different from being in a concrete room. But I have to leave. 

I hear voices behind me, they're getting closer. I run.

I ran into the light. Going in whatever direction, I'd find my way to the church as soon as I got away from here. 

I stopped running. Looked around, nobody had followed. They didn't know where I was.

I was free.

Authors Note: OMG IT'S SO DRAMATIC!!!! Haha(: I feel so proud of myself, wrote 3 chapters in one day! Should I write a 4th? It's 11pm... might as well! haha. Thanks so much for reading & all the feedback. Vote, Comment, Fan, Whatever! Thanks sooooo much!! 

Hannah xx