Chapter 17 - Skinny Love's Alive

Charlie's P.O.V.

I found the church eventually, and the service was still going. It pained me to see all the people so upset. I wanted to run out and comfort them, but I couldn't. I didn't know what I was going to do. I was looking out through a door on the left of the stage. And I got and idea.

The stage was empty people were waiting for the next person to go up. I knew this was my chance. I was here to prove something. I wasn't dead. And I wasn't planning on dying anytime soon.

I walked out of the door and up the few steps that there were. I walked straight on the stage. Everybody was watching me, it was obvious without even looking, the room was completely quiet. They were all watching the mysterious, small, dirty girl.

I was filthy. I didn't even know if I was recognizable, but I think some people knew it was me. They were just waiting for something to happen, for everything to be explained.

I walked toward the piano. I was going to play. It just felt right. I didn't know what song, just whatever came to me. I never looked up from the ground or the piano, I just started to play.

My fingers danced on the keys, creating a magical sound. And then I knew what I was going to sing.

Come on skinny love, just last the year 

Pour a little salt, we were never here 

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my 

Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer

I tell my love to wreck it all 

Cut out all the ropes and let me fall 

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my 

Right at the moment this order's tall

And I told you to be patient 

And I told you to be fine 

And I told you to be balanced 

And I told you to be kind

And in the morning, I'll be with you 

But it will be a different kind 

'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets 

And you'll be owning all the fines

Come on skinny love, what happened here? 

Suckle on the hope in light brassiere 

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my 

Sullen load is full, so slow on the split

And I told you to be patient 

And I told you to be fine 

And I told you to be balanced 

And I told you to be kind

And now all your love is wasted 

Then who the hell was I? 

'Cause now I'm breaking at the britches 

And at the end of all your lines

Who will love you? 

Who will fight? 

Who will fall far behind?

Come on skinny love 

My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my 

I finished the last note, and stopped. The church was quiet. I didn't look up.

And then there was a gun shot.

Authors Note: Dun, dun, dun! Okay, short I know. But i typed it on my phone & it's late and I'm tired. It's a cliff hanger bad sadly the next chapter will have to wait till tomorrow :( thanks so much for reading! Comment, vote, fan, whatever! :) I know I didn't do anything from the boys P.O.V. in the last couple chapters, but I figured that what they were feeling & thinking was kind of obvious. Sad& confused cause she was gone an then "died". Thanks for reading! I'll edit this on my computer tomorrow and then updated the next chapter!  

Hannah xx