{Chapter 5}

Bucky's POV

The drive was fun, but not quiet.

Definitely not quiet.

As an instinct, I immediately turned on the radio, and of course, TOP came on.

"Got me polarized"

"Got me polarized, yeah,"

I smiled as Steve sang along.

"My friends and I we got a lot of problems"

We both sang along as I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. Every once and awhile I turned my head to look at Steve. He sat crossed legged on the seat, hardly filling it up, and for his own safety I probably should've made him sit in the back but he looked so beautiful with the setting sun gleaming on his skin. His baby blue eyes shone as he admired the beautiful colors of the sky, and as I stared for too long I almost ran a red light, which scared the shut outta him and made me feel bad. As I slammed on the brakes it was almost an instant reaction for him to guard his face when he got threatened, which I decided not to question.

We soon pulled into the Outback parking lot, and I got us a spot that was close to the doors so he didn't have to walk far, seeing as it was starting to get cloudy since it was supposed to snow. We quickly walked into the restaurant and let the warm air engulf us. A waitress quickly guided us to a curved booth with dark orange lighting, making it seem even more warm and cosy. Steve wormed his way into the booth, as did I, and the waitress laid down the menus. (Play song)

I smiled as I watched Steve's small fingers curl around the menus, and his big eyes scanning the list. A song began to play in the background of the restaurant, and after listening intently for a little while I identified the song as Half Light by Banners.

"So, what're you getting?" He asked putting the menu down.

"Prime Rib, rare, no seasoning, and a baked potato with extra butter," I started, making his cheeks flush slightly.

"Wow, its like you rehearsed that," he laughed softly. "I want the boneless prime rib also with no seasoning, medium and uhm..i'll get a baked potato also. I've never had one, are they good?"

I clutched my chest and pretended to fall back with an offended look on my face. "You've never had a baked potato?" I exclaimed with a laugh.

"Is that bad?" Steve asked quietly.

"Yes its bad! You're getting one," I signalled the waitress.

She strutted over to us and placed two waters on the table and a little platter of chocolate bad, and when she grabbed the menu from the side of me she practically shoved her cleavage in my face. She pulled herself up and fixed her black, wavy hair. "What can I get yu sir?" she asked as she put her weight on one side of her body and leaned to the side.

I turned to Steve and winked, and even though he was confused, I went along with my plan.

"Um, I'll have the Prime Rib, rare, no seasoning, and a baked potato with extra butter. And I pointed to Stevie and said, "My boyfriend will have-" She choked and dropped her pen, her face turning pale white. I smirked, "Is there a problem miss?" I asked her.

"Uh-no, no problem here...J-Just give me one second please," she scurried off.

I broke into laughter and as I turned to Stevie and saw the shocked and flustered expression on his face. "W-What was that!" he laughed.

"It got her to leave me alone didn't it?" I smiled.

"I guess..." he laughed.

We got a different waiter, a man this time, and we ordered peacefully. We talked all through dinner, and Steve asked all kinds of questions about Cali which I didn't mind. I asked him a couple questions about him but he answered shortly, before cutting back with a question about me or something else. I loved watching his eyes light up every time he thought of a new question. A little while into this he started asking a lot of questions, to fast for me to answer, and eventually he realized how much he was asking.

"Oh crap I'm sorry I-I didn't mean to-I was just curi-

"Stevie it's ok!" I laughed.

The food came and he immediately dug in. I smiled as he realized how good the food was and I enjoyed watching him eat for the remainder of the night...