Letter 8

Chicago

My love, my heart, my soul, my darling, my everything,

I just received your letter and I can't help but cry of joy, sadness, happiness at the same time. I'm so happy you came to Chicago and that this time; I was in front row to see you and not on the third balcony like the last time. So many things happened since that first time I saw you in the Chicago theatre... among others, meeting Susanna who told me you were resting and you didn't want to be disturb by a fan... You have no idea how much I hated her for doing that to me. She prevented me from seeing you by sending me away... but never in my wildest dreams had I wished what had happened to her after the accident... Terry she didn't think, she acted impulsively, and she pushed you away saving you from a certain death... Terry if you had died, I thing I would've died too, just the thought of it is hurting my heart so much. But you're alive; Terry and you owe that to Susanna. Without Susanna, you wouldn't be here; you wouldn't have come to Chicago to show me the art of making love... I hate what happened after, how her mother asked you to be with her, I hate the fact that she's so in love with you, but that love saved you my love... On the other hand, if she really loved you, she would've want you to be happy with the one you love; me. My darling, I sent you back to her after our night of love, because, I'm right, she needs you... you told me she was sick, you can't abandon her when she's sick. You chose her, you have to take care of her, do it for me. You know I'm always going to be here for you... Every human being instinct is to save someone in danger... The Bible does say, don't let you left hand know what your right hand did... I didn't ask for anything after saving her... I still remember the look in your eyes when you carried her back to her room on the roof... Things are what they are my love, Susanna depends on you, and you cannot disappoint her. So please, don't regret leaving me, it's was the right thing to do. You made a commitment to take care of Susanna; you have to honour that commitment to the end.

I wanted to reassure you, that I did not send you back because I didn't want to be with you, but because we can't be together for now even thought I love you more than life itself. Spending the night with you is something I'm ever going to forget, it's something I wish I could do every single night and waking up in your arms, was bliss. The separation was hard, but not as hard, because we had the time to be together this time around, we had the time to know each other intimately. I don't feel lost like the last time, because I have your precious letters to make me strong. But please stop talking about leaving Susanna Terry, she needs you. And you are not stupid darling; you're an honourable man, who did the right thing.

I know we can't be friends anymore Terry, we took our relationship to the next level; we're lovers now. I'm reliving our night of love every single night ever since you left... A love like ours is too strong to go in vain... I'm sure destiny is going to find a way for us to be together... so be patient my love, don't rush things. Let everything live its course. Hang in there Terry, do your duty for now... I am confident we're going to be together one day...

With all my love,

Candy