August 28th 2017

I once said that I get through life through denial, ignorance and netflix. While I think that's perfectly acceptable for time off- summers of sin which hedonism, sloth, indulgence, gluttony- fully take over.

The shock of the real world always comes back to fast. Time moves whether you want it to or not. It's like fighting the wind which just keeps pushing you forward. 

The break point remains that moment which shatters you back into reality. Sins don't retreat easily, especially when you don't want them to leave. The fight of time and responsibility versus denial and indulgence. While productivity is worth so much, sometimes nothing is the best feeling of all. 

I look into the mirror and I don't want to change. I want to capture this moment. A moment of acceptance, peace and contentment. I accept myself for all my faults for they make me who I am.  Sometimes I dread dying because it means I will never have this life again. I won't be able to keep my face, my family or my memories and I won't be to even remember what I am missing. I look in the mirror and feel grateful for the opportunity to live this life- the good and the bad.

So I move forward, with time and with change even though my insides fight against it- acceptance. Acceptance is what I need in my life. And the desire to never stop fighting for a good life, I never want to lose my will.