prologue

"Aislynn, I don't think this is a good idea . . . there's too many people here, you know how I get." I whispered to my best friend who was pulling me around the crowded cinema.

"Calm down, Calum, you're fine! I promise, now c'mon or we'll miss the film!" We walked to our seats in the dark room. Even though it was almost pitch black, I still had this insecure feeling. Like someone was watching me. This happens everywhere, I always get the idea that everyone stares at me because of my looks. My friends and family always say that there's nothing wrong with how I look, but I can't help it.

"Everyone is staring at me . . ." I whispered once again. Aislynn turned to look at me, "Calum, it's very dark. I assure you, no one is staring at you. They're all watching the film just like you should be doing." I sighed and uncomfortably shifted my gaze to the film on the screen. I didn't even know what Aislynn had picked for us to see because I was focused on my anxiety

A whole hour went by and the movie was finally over. "See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Aislynn asked. I put on a fake smile, "It was a really good film, Ais!" I lied. I wasn't focused on the film, the whole time I had my eyes set on my fingers and my eyes squeezed shut so I couldn't look at the people looking at me. 

"Where to now?" I adverted my gaze from the floor to Aislynn. 

"Can you just take me home, it's getting late." I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the entrance, trying my damn hardest to get the hell out of there.

"It's barely 7:00 o'clock, Cal . . ." Aislynn looked confused, "How about we get ice cream?" She tried.

I shook my head, "I'm tired, please, Ais?" I made a frown. She rolled her eyes and nodded, "Alright, c'mon." I smiled but it quickly faded when I realized how many people were amung us. A sigh of relief left my lips as we made it to my house.

"Thanks for the film, Ais." She nodded briefly before driving off towards her home as well.

--

Just a little take on the story, Cashton will come later, you'll see(: