fünf

it's 1:25 a.m on a school night and I can't sleep so I decided to update.

--

"He called you cute? Oh my gosh, that's adorable!" I chuckled at Aislynn.

"Relax, Ais. He called my giggle cute, not me." A small smile lays across my face at the thought of Ashton actually thinking that I'm cute.

"I'm coming over, we need to talk about this in person!" She squealed on the other line. I sighed before replying, "No can do, Aislynn. My parents said we have guests coming over for dinner tonight and told me that I have join." 

"Ah, I see. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow for our movie outing then?" I winced at the fact that I would have to go out in public. Instead of declining, I simply told her that I wouldn't miss it and hung up.

"Calum, you need to get ready. Our guests will be here in an hour." My mother reminded me. I smiled at her before nodding and walking to my room.

What do I even wear? I didn't have to get a shower since I just got one two hours ago. I decided to just wear a black shirt with black skinny's and my Chucks.

I don't care if it wasn't formal. If my parents friends have a problem with the way I dress, they can just fuck off.

Funny, I don't have the courage to actually say that to their faces but my mind would suffice. I brushed my teeth and put some deodorant on to freshen up and as if on cue, I heard a knock on our door.

"Cal!" My mother called me down. I put on my best fake smile as she opened the door to reveal two adults. The woman had blonde ringlets that were curled to perfection and looked like she put a ridiculous amount of hairspray in her hair to get the curls to stay. She was wearing a deep red lipstick that did not suit her at all. I grimaced when I saw the man.

He was wearing a suit!

A suit, really? You're having dinner at the Hood's not with The President.

They entered my home with quiet greetings and next came their child. I would have assumed by the way they dressed, their child would be a stuck up prep who only cared about money.

Boy was I wrong. When their child finally entered, a voice I knew a little too well rung in the air.

"Calum!" There was no way that these prep parents were Ashton's parents . . . 

--

i'm tired so don't kill me for the sucky update