1

"Y/N! Get back here!" I hear my mom call after me and I sigh, stopping in my tracks so her, my father, and my two year old brother can catch up with me. When they do, they walk with me to my dorm and my dad helps me with my boxes and I hug everyone goodbye, kissing my little brother's forehead.

-
Mal
-

"Mallory Pugh, step forward." Coach Cromwell says and I step forward, my arms behind my back because why not. "Welcome, Mallory." She says and I nod, pressing a smile. "Y/N Y/L/N, step forward." Coach says and an old U14 GNT teammate of mine steps forward, she was suspended from the team half way through the season and went to play for Ireland, because her grandfather was from Ireland, her father still had a heavy Irish accent. "Welcome, Y/N." Coach says and she nods, pressing a smile as well. "Face each other." Coach says, so I turn to face Y/N as she turns to face me and she cracks a sly little grin as a spark of familiarity flashes in her blue eyes.

"Hello Mal." She says and I return her smile.

"Hey, Y/N." I say and she nods, glancing over at coach.

"You two seem to know each other."

"Used to play on the youth national team together. Great friends." She says and I nod.

"Well that's great because you two are roommates, Women's soccer just got our own dorm building, your things should be in your dorms after practice, pair up and go over by the BowNet closest to me, Y/N, you're blue, Mal, pink." She says before separating the rest of the girls into two groups, blue team and pink team, we were just doing shooting for now, but we were going to fully scrimmage after about twenty minutes of this shooting game, which is why we were in teams already.

After practice, in the locker room, Y/N walked over to her locker, a few down from mine, my number was 9 and hers was 12, so yeah, a few lockers down from mine, shirtless, because she had already showered and changed back into her jeans, and was now putting on her Lady Red Devils soccer shirt, most likely from a couple years ago, because it hugs her perfectly.

"You're staring." One of the upperclassmen on the team, Julia, says quietly in my ear and I snap my eyes away from Y/N and to what I'm doing, getting dressed hastily and leaving just as hastily, rushing to catch up to Y/N on her way to the soccer dorm, and walking with her when she looks over and smiles at me.

"Hey, Mal, didn't think you'd wait to shower in the dorm." She says and I shrug, adjusting the strap of my practice bag from the U20 WNT as we continue to walk, into the dorm building and proceeding to find our assigned dorm.

"Just figured I'd come with you to find our dorm, oh trusty navigator." I say and she chuckles, bumping my shoulder with hers as we find our dorm and unlock the door, stepping in to find our things on separate beds.

"I'm guessing a manager went and got our things." Y/N mumbles as she walks over to the bed with her things on it and I walk over to my things. We spend the next hour and a half getting settled into the dorm before heading to dinner in the dining hall with the rest of the team, and after dinner, I get a shower while Y/N crawls into bed.

-
Y/N
-

My first class was the day after we got here at 8, so I woke up at 5 and got in a little work out, since I didn't have to go clear across campus to the gym, it was on the bottom floor of the building, down the hall from the dining room. And I appreciate that. When I got back to the dorm, Mal is up and packing her bag.

"Dropping out already?" I ask, unzipping my jacket as she looks over, watching as I slip my beats off of my ears and letting them rest on my collarbones.

"No, I was called up to go to Rio with the team. I'm heading to boot camp before we leave for the Games." Mal says and I nod, smiling as she points to me. "Why does it look like you dipped your top half in the school's pool?"