23

"You're what?" Tobin asks me as I stand against the door frame of the kitchen doorway.

"I'm going to Manchester to see the fight."

"Why?"

"Because Logan reached out, invited me, and sent the tickets for it."

"You're talking to Logan again?"

"Well, we've been communicating, he told me all about Chloe, I told him all about Jade, he said he's alright now, and would appreciate if I could make the fight. So, I'm going."

"It's not safe."

"So?"

"So? Y/N! Those fans over in England are..."

"Insane? I know."

"You could get hurt."

"I get that."

"I don't like this."

"You don't like anything I do."

"That's a lie and you know it. I just don't want to get a call from England, and it be Logan saying he got my sister into a situation where she was assaulted." Tobin says, shaking her head. "If that happens, it won't be that PSI guy he needs to worry about, it'll be Tobin Heath vs. Logan Paul that they advertise and put together." Tobin says, and I sigh. "That's another thing, if Logan loses."

"Don't. Don't put it out into the universe, because then it'll happen, and-"

"If he loses, and you get called out by someone on SSI's side, you decline the offer."

"I'd be seen as a wimp if I did that."

"Y/N, last time you fought someone, you got that scar there." Tobin says, poking the scar that splits my left eyebrow.

"It's a good thing Logan's gonna win, then." I say, and Tobin sighs.

"Y/N, it's no-"

"Positive thoughts! You need to think positive thoughts, Tobin! Anything is possible! I can't do your negativity!" I yell, and Tobin groans.

"Please, fly to Manchester soon. I need a break from you." She says, and I grin, heading to my room to Skype Jade. It sucks that I can't go down to see her for her birthday. I really wanted to be there with her. But no. My flight to Manchester was from PDX, and I wouldn't just stay a couple days for Jade's birthday, I'd stay a week. Just to spend time with her.

"It's fine, babe, I promise." Jade assured me, and I sigh, still.

"You promise it's fine?"

"Yes. Your friend wants you at his fight, and he invited you like, a week before my birthday. He didn't know, you were so busy and overwhelmed with scheduling when you accepted the invitation that you didn't remember. You've apologized a million times. I promise you. I'm completely fine with you staying in Portland so you can go to Manchester."

"I still feel like a bad girlfriend."

"You're not."

"I am. I'm leaving the country instead of spending time by your side on your birthday, babe."

"Baby."

"When I get back from Manchester, I'm flying to LA and I'm spending a week with you to make up for missing your birthday. Okay?" I say, and Jade smiles.

"Alright. I suppose I could house a nomad for a week. As long as she promises to pay her dues."

"I will pay in kisses and hugs, and snuggles." I say, and Jade giggles.