9

So the regular season ended and for the championships, I put Heath back on my jersey. I lost a bet, Okay? Tobin bet me that if I got a hat trick in the last regular season game, she'd put my last name in her jersey for the championships, but if I didn't get the hat trick, I'd have to put her last name on my jersey. I didn't get a hat trick. I didn't really mind though. It was kinda cool to play with Heath on my back, on the same field as the real Heath. Everyone knows that Portland won our second star, and I was on top of the world. Like, what are the chances that I'd help my professional team win the championship title in my first season? It's insane. But right now, we were freezing our asses off in Vancouver and I was roomed with Ashlyn this time.

"So, you've never, like, wondered if you and Tobin are related in any way?"

"I've asked my parents. They say there's no relation."

"What are the chances they're lying to you?" She asks and I look at her.

"Ashlyn."

"What?"

"You sound fucking insane. You should start a conspiracy theory YouTube channel. You're perfect for the job." I say and she sighs.

"I'm just curious. Because secrets can be kept in families. Like maybe your folks had Tobin but couldn't properly support a child so they let Cindy and Jeff take her. Then you came along. You are an only child right?"

"No, I have a two year old baby brother."

"So maybe your folks were financially stable enough for you, and didn't want to disrupt Tobin's normal when they were ready to care for children."

"Or maybe you're just insane." I say and Ashlyn looks at me.

"So you're telling me that you and your hero looking like twins is just some odd coincidence."

"Yeah." I say and Ashlyn raises an eyebrow at me.

"Have you ever been tested to see who your real parents are?" She asks and I sigh, turning off the only lamp left on before turning my back to one of my biggest role models.

"Good night Ash. Maybe in the morning you'll forget to take your crazy pill." I say before allowing myself to sleep. Which usually is fine, but I had memory of only one dream all night and it was a lengthy one.

I was sitting in my room in Portland all cuddled up with Mal since she was visiting to meet my parents formally when I went back to Basking Ridge to see my family, and I suddenly got a call from Tobin saying that she had something important to say and that she was outside my apartment, I told her where my spare key was and waited for her to show up in my room. When she did she told me to follow her to the living room, so I did and sat as she spoke about her family.

"So why are you telling me this?" I asked and she sighed.

"Y/N, you're my little sister, you were born a Heath, but at the time that you were born, our family had a really tough time financially, and our folks wanted the best for you, so they gave you to a family friend, they had been in the hospital giving birth to their first born when we were in the hospital bringing you into the world, but the baby was a still born. They raised you as their own and when we were finally in a proper financial situation, we just didn't want to interrupt your life. Your perfect little normal life, so we left you with them. But mom and dad just told me to tell you because you were going to find out one way or another and you deserve to know."

"I don't believe you Tobin." I say and she sighs.

"Get your DNA tested when you go back home."

"Come with me and Mal to Basking Ridge."

"No."

"That's the only way I'll get tested. Is if you come with. I know your family lives somewhere else now, but still."