5

"Yeah, but at midnight?" Ma complains and I roll my eyes.

"Oh quit your complaining and go back to sleep." I say and chuckle as I hear Mal grumble to herself before I hear the sound of her snores over the phone. "I'm dating a dork." I say to myself as I end the call.

-

"Lets go!" Tobin yells at me in the gym a few days later during practice. They had me on the treadmill and Tobin was trying to be a good big sister and encourage me.

"Cause I feel like I'm running
And I'm feeling like I gotta
get away, get away, get away

Better know that I don't
and I won't ever stop
'Cause you know I gotta win
everyday day, day, go!

See they don't really wanna pop me
Just know that you never flop me
And I know that I can be a little cocky
You ain't never gonna stop me
Every time I come a-" I pause because I have absolutely no right to say that lyric, and want to be respectful, but continue after a second. "Gotta set it, Then I gotta go,
and then I gotta get it
Then I gotta blow,
And then I gotta shudder any little thing that-" I still can't say it. "Think he be doing
'Cause it doesn't matter
'cause I'm gonna dadadada

Then I'm gonna murder every thing
and anything a badaboom a badabing
I gotta do a lot of things
to make it clearer to a couple-" I'm starting to think I picked the wrong song to do this bit with. "That I'm always winning
and I gotta get it again
and again, and again
And I be doing it to death
and now I move a little foul, a-" Remembering the lyrics well enough to not say the word while still running has to be some kind of super power. "Better call a ref
and everybody knows my style and-" I have to keep running, if I stop running it's not as impressive. "Know I'm the the best
when it come to doing this
And I be banging on my chest,
And I bang in the east,
and I'm banging in the west

And I come to give you more
and I will never give you less
You will hear it in the street
or you can read it in the press

Do you really wanna know what's next?
Let's go
See the way we on
and we all up in the race
and you know

We gotta go
don't try to keep up with the pace
We struggling and hustling
and sending it and getting it

And always gotta take it to another place
Gotta taste it
and I gotta grab it
And I gotta cut
all through his traffic
Just to be at the top of the throne
Better know I gotta have it, have it." I rap correctly, stepping on the sides of the treadmill as I laugh at Tobin's shocked expression.

"I'm going home." She says, turning off her treadmill and walking off, so I turn mine off and follow her as everyone looks at me with the same shocked expressions.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Sonnett asks and I shrug.

"I didn't. It kinda just came to me. Sass is my specialty, not gonna let a silly little rap stop me from my one true purpose in life." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"I hate you." She says, tossing her arm around my shoulders. Practice had been released anyway, it was just a handful of us staying behind to get that tiny bit of extra work in, we were free to go, and that's what I planned to do, that is until Tobin spoke up as I changed into my street clothes. "Hey Y/N?" She asks and I look over at her. Our lockers were side by side, they slapped a 16 on my back when I got here, but I don't mind.

"Yes, Tobin?" I ask and she smiles at me.

"Will you go on a date with me?" She asks and I scoff.

"Bish nah, I ain't cheatin'." I say and she stares at me. "I'd love to go out on the town with my Big Sister. What are you planning?"

"Dinner and a movie." She says and I nod.

"I'm down."

"Sweet. I'll drop by your place at 6."

"Don't keep me waiting, honey." I call out over my shoulder as I leave the locker room, but stop when I realize that Tobin was my ride.

"Nice going, slick, now you look like a fool." Tobin says as she catches up to me, draping her arm around my shoulder as we walk to her car and get in.

-

As I sit at home after showering, I get a FaceTime call from Mal, so I answer it, of course.

"You filthy cheater!" She says and I raise my eyebrow at her. "Cheating on me with Tobin, how dare you!" She says and I smile as she laughs.

"How'd you even find out?"

"Twitter is a thing, Y/N/N."

"Fuck you." I say and she winks at me. "Mallory." I say and she giggles. "Damn, you're too cute to scold." I say and she smiles, putting her hand under her chin and batting her eyelashes.

"Thank you, I try." She says and I groan.

"I will leave your ass."

"You can't leave me if you're across the country from me, we've gotta be face to face." She says and I sigh.

"You're too much, I'm gonna go on my little adventure with my big sister." I say and she whines.

"No, don't I'll stop." She says and I smile.

-

At six, exactly on the tick, there was a knock at my door, so I went and opened it to see Tobin there holding flowers.

"Some random chick gave these to me downstairs. Don't ask." She says and I chuckle. "Shall we go?" She asks and I nod, grabbing my phone and my apartment keys before locking the door and following Tobin to the car. Went and ate dinner before going to the movies. Fans were there, so as Tobin got swarmed, I went and got our snacks, telling Tobin that I'd meet her by the theater, and went to wait, when she finally showed up, she looked like she got swarmed by a bunch of teenaged girls. Which she did.

"You look like you're some kind of celebrity." I joke and she shoves me playfully.

"Shut up and lets go sit down." She says and I lead us in, picking where we sit and ignoring Tobin's protests.

-
Ashlyn
-

"No, yeah. It's actually terrifying." I say and watch Ali and Alex nod their agreements.

"They look so similar." Alex comments.

"Like sisters. Actual blood sisters." Ali says and I look up.

"You don't think..." I start and Alex shakes her head

"No. We'd know." She says and Ali and I raise our brows at her.

"Would we though? What if it's like a family secret that she was sworn to never speak of?" Ali asks and Alex gives us her look.

"She tells me everything. She's told me everything. There's no way." Alex says and I nod.

"We're definitely doing some digging when Alex goes home." Ali mumbles to me and I nod.

"Duh."