24

It's been a couple of days since our last game, against Seattle, and Y/N has finally decided to come get the things she left here when she went to Australia. She wasn't going to take it to Tobin's, not yet. She was going to put it into storage while her and Tobin find a real house to move into. It took a lot of convincing from Y/N, but Tobin finally gave in and agreed to look for a real house here in Portland, rather than the condo they were currently living in.

"So when do you two start the house hunt?" I ask Y/N as we sit on the couch I bought from her, just talking.

"I wanted to do it right away, but Tobin insists on waiting until the season is over." Y/N says, and I nod.

"Yeah, that makes more sense. I agree with Tobin. That way you're not stressed or too tired when we need Heath Squared." I say, and Y/N laughs.

"Oh, man, I hate that name for my sister and I."

"That means it's going to stick."

"I hope not. If it does, I'm coming after you, Pugh."

-

After Y/N left with her things, I was sitting in the living room watching TV when there was a knock on my door, so I went and answered it.

"Mallory?" The guy asks, and I raise a brow.

"Yeah?" I say, and he nods. That's when I see the logo on his shirt. Dominos. "I didn't order anything." I say, and he shrugs.

"It's paid for." He says, handing me the food. "Enjoy. Someone must really appreciate you if they're sending you food." He says, and I sigh. "Have a good one."

"Yeah, you too." I say as he walks off, heading inside with the mystery food. As I sit back on the couch, I open one of the boxes, and raise a brow at the note scrawled on the top of the box.

'You said you didn't want anything from me as a thank you for your help, but you know I never listen. I got your favorite. Enjoy! -Y/N'

I'm still apprehensive of the food, but I check my phone as it buzzes, and open the text from Y/N.

Y/N/N❤️: Bon Apetit! 😋

I smile at the text, but roll my eyes nonetheless.

Me: Bruh.

Y/N/N❤️: What?

Me: You couldn't have given me a heads up?

Y/N/N❤️: No. Because that would've ruined the surprise.

Y/N/N❤️: Did I do good with the order?

Me: Yes.

Me: Thank you.

Y/N/N❤️: yw.

I don't respond to that text, because I was busy eating the food. Y/N didn't text again either. So I'm assuming she got busy.

-
Y/N
-

The day after I took all my things from my old apartment, Tobin and I were arguing about the house hunting situation.

"No, I said, after the season ended, Y/N." Tobin says, and I sigh.

"Exactly, so after the Championship, we'll go looking."

"No, Y/N. I meant after the National Team season is over." Tobin says and I groan.

"Dude. No. That's too long to wait."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is, for you, Tobin? Waiting until December is just saying you won't do it." I say before looking at my sister. "Do you not want to?" I ask, and Tobin hesitates. "Dude, you're 30. Are you gonna live in this condo for the rest of your life, or what?" I ask, and Tobin stays silent, so I sigh. "Tomorrow, Tobin."