Our Host

I could hear the wargs howling in the distance as Bilbo was out looking ahead .

"How close is the pack ." Thorin ask as he met Bilbo at the path .

"Too close , A couple league no more ." He tried catching his breath as he spoke ."But that's not the worst of it ." Thorin was still look from where Bilbo had ran from .

"The Wargs pick up our scent ?" Dwalin asked .

"Not yet. But they will do ." His breathe still heavy but I could understand him better without having to strain. "We have a another problem . "

"Did they see you?" Gandalf asked as everyone was now gathered around my brother . Fili stood next to me now by his brother as he clasped my had in his and ran his thumb over my hand as if to tell me everything would be alright .

Bilbo whipped around at his question but didn't answer.

"They saw you." Gandalf stated

"No that's not it . " He finally answered with a deep breathe as he turned his head to the side .

"What did I tell you. " Gandalf started . "Quiet as a mouse ." I realized he was in all rights saying I told you so that he was right about his choice in Bilbo .

Everyone began to speak and cheer a bit in agreement with Gandalf at Bilbo's ability . This made shake my eyes and roll my eyes . "Excellent Burglar material." He said to everyone . "

Bilbo spoke up now trying to quiet everyone ." Will you listen ? Will you just listen ?" Bilbo became frustrated and spoke loudly at the second try to quiet everyone. " He looked to everyone as they were now silent .

"Go on Bilbo we are listening I said to him ." Whish made his tension lower in his shoulders . "I'm trying to tell you there is something out there. " He pointed back from whence he had come from . making me look in the direction and squeeze my loves hand in worry at what my brother could be upset about.

Everyone mumbled things at the same time . "What form did it take ?" Gandalf asked eyebrows scrunched . "Like a bear?"

Bilbo thought for a minute than looked to Gandalf weird . "Ye--Yes , But Bigger ." He said no looing to Bofur who looked to him before Bilbo looked back to Gandalf as he continued . "Much bigger ."

"You knew about this beast ?" Bofur asked Gandalf .

I looked to Fili who was now looked to Gandalf in question at having not informed us about the creature that Bilbo Spoke of.

"i say we double back.." Bofur suggested .

"And be run down by a pack of Orcs." Thorin rejected the Idea .

"There is a house. . . " I looked to Gandalf now and saw him turn around from a place looking away . "It's not far from here , Where we might take refuge. "

"Whose house?" Thorin asked skeptically . "Are they friend or foe?"

"neither ." I could tell he was keeping more from us but I had a feeling that all would be revealed soon enough. "He will help us or. . . He will kill us ." I felt Fili wrap his arm around my waist at that as if to protect me from danger .

My heart fluttered at this action still not used to someone being so protective toward me who wasn't family .

"What choice do we have?" Thorin asked aloud not really expecting an answer .

There was a Giant roar which made me cling to Fili in surprise and fear . Whatever made that noise had to be huge .

"None ." Gandalf stated .

We all began to run as fast as our feet could carry us . Fili holding tight to one of my hands to ensure my speed .

"Come on !" Gandalf Yelled as we followed him through the field than into the forest . We could hear The creature Roar again . This made us turn to look but we didn't stay paused for long .

"This way ! Quickly !"

We turned and started again as Thorin yelled as well . "Run!"

We Ran Jumping over logs and rock as we approached the field on the other side . A house laid nestled in the field surrounded by it own tiny forest of trees  .

"To the house!" Gandalf yelled to us .

"Run . "

I was now dragging Fili running a bit ahead of him . after a second something suprising happened . the very large Bombour  passed everyone as he ran . It just went to show that if need be he could run away from danger .

Gandalf paused at the gate in front of the house . "Come on , get inside . " Fili passed me and slammed in to the door With Kili banging and pushing trying to get in .

I turned and looked back to see a giant Bear break couple trees as it ran out of the forest and started running toward the house . The thing was much larger than a bear and I had no clue what it was all I knew was that it could swallow me hole if it so wanted .

And I am telling you that thing looked like it wanted to this very moment as it was running full speed at us .

"Guys ! hurry up!" I yelled In a panicked fear .

Thorin ran up with Gandalf .

"Open the door ." Gandalf Ordered .

"Quickly!" Thorin said as he ran up and pushed up a wooden latch that I wouldn't have been able to reach even if I knew it was there .

The door slid open and I was pushed in by Bilbo as fast as we could we all tumbled into the door.

Everyone turned around and pushed the door almost closed when the creature's snout stopped the door as it tried to get in.

"Push." Dori and Kili yelled together .

Everyone was pushing at the door yelling to each other. I heard Dwalin speak . "Come on  , Lads !"

I sighed in relief as the doors lock was pushed down and we were now closed in .

"What was that?" Ori asked out of breathe .

"That is our Host ." Gandalf answered the young dwarf .