14

Evan's pov
Delirious was out of it all day. He'd just stared at the ground in silence. No bragging about winning any games or mispronouncing words. Just... silence. It made me worry about him all day. He wouldn't answer anyone when we called his name and even the teachers seemed worried.

"Evan?" I looked up to see Tyler standing in front of me. Delirious had gone to the toilet so it was silent at our desk. I made a noise to show I was listening and for him to continue.

"You hear what people are saying about Delirious?" He asked, nervously looking around but also angrily.

"No, I've been zoning out," I said, trying to listen in but couldn't focus enough.

"They're talking about his breakdown earlier, how it isn't the first time it's happened," He said, catching the attention of everyone else. It was only me, Luke, Delirious, Tyler, Ohm and Moo in this class.

"Well yeah, he had a break down at school the other day," Ohm said and I frowned.

"He had one at the shops with me and Luke on Saturday too," I said concerned.

"No, I was referring to his last school. Apparently that's where it first occurred. These kids would bully him every day until he just... snapped," Tyler said, his voice quiet.

"What do you mean by, snapped?" Luke asked.

"He apparently completely changed. His attitude and everything. Snapped a dudes neck without even trying. All those bullies, they don't exist anymore. That's why he takes that medication; so he doesn't snap like he did. He moved here after an accident with his mother or something and lives with his dad. The doctors thought a fresh start would help him. I guess it's slowly getting to him," Tyler said, the last part barely a whisper.

"Where did you get this information?" Ohm asked.

"I got sick of the rumors and decided to check it out on the school system. Everything about him is on there," Tyler said with a shrug. "It's how it got out in the first place. That pussy that works there gave it out for drugs and money the bitch."

"But that shit was personal. Why the fuck would he give it out?" Luke said, sounding furious as he tried to keep his voice down.

"Like I said, drugs and money. But he won't be doing it again after the doctors are done with him," Tyler said, a smirk crossing his lips.

"The fucker deserved what he got at least. But what about Delirious? With all his secrets out he won't last a day with the whispers," Ohm said.

"I don't know. He was pretty shaken up this morning. Maybe it was a bad idea to take his mask off," I said, feeling guilty for removing it.

"He would have suffocated in it. His breathing was so off he needed oxygen not the carbon dioxide from his own breath," Ohm pointed out but it didn't stop the guilt that ate away at me.

"Yeah but still, what even triggered it?" I asked, trying to think.

"It started after he found out your mother had committed suicide. But why? He'd only met your mother once and hadn't even spoken to her much," Ohm said.

We sat there thinking for a while before the bell rang, scaring all of us out of thought. Delirious still hadn't come back yet and it was the last lesson of the day. Where could he be?

The teacher dismissed everyone, me paxking us Delirious' things before we went searching for him. We checked the closest bathroom but he wasn't there. He wasn't in any of the bathrooms.

"What about out back. I like going there when I want time to myself. Maybe he does too," Ohm said, a hint of pain hiding in his voice but I made note to ask him later.

We all quickly ran to the back of the school, being careful as to avoid teachers since it was off limits after hours. As we neared the back of the school we heard voices. We all kept quiet as we listened in.

"We heard about your little murders you go on with your daaad. You poor little daddies boy. You probably stay outside crying over all the blood while he gets his hands dirty," a familiar voice said in a torturous matter.

"P-pleas-se.... l-leav-ve m-me.... al-lone.." Delirious? At the sound of his voice I stepped around the corner to see him pinned against the wall, his nose bleeding and his face stained with blood and tears with his mask thrown to the ground. I felt my anger immediately burst inside me and I ran forward, punching the dude holding him square in the face.

He stumbled and dropped Delirious to the ground. I shoved him back to his two other friends and stood between them and Delirious. Luke, Tyler and Ohm all stepped up next to me, creating a wall in front of our injured and shaken friend.

"Fuck off Evan. This isn't your fight!" The vaigly familiar male spat.

"Hell no. If you're beating the shit out of my friend then you made it my fight," I growled.

"Don't worry about it Evan. He's just a dick," I turned to see Delirious had climbed to his feet, wiping the blood from his face with a dull expression. He seemed way too calm all of a sudden.

"What are you gonna do about it freak? Kill me?" The bully sassed and a smirk crossed Delirious' face and something dark flashed within his mysterious blue eyes.

"Almost. I want you to realize who it is you're messing with," Delirious spoke, his voice dark and cold. We were all shocked into silence as the male stood shaking, trying to stand confident as his friends backed away from Delirious.

"Yeah right," the male scoffed before getting lifted by his neck and slammed against the same wall he'd pinned Delirious to. His friends immediately bolted away and left him to fend for himself.

"Let... me... go." The male choked out.

"Maybe you should have left me alone before breaking my nose," Delirious hissed, bringing his fist up and slamming it into the males face. The man was instantly knocked out as blood ran down his face and Delirious dropped him to the ground, seeming to snap out of his angered state and look at the man in shock.