Chapter one

I wake up to my alarm going off and driving me crazy! It's 5:30. I sigh and get out of bed. I grab my phone and turn on some music. Demi Lavato Radio on pandora! I get my headphones and change into some workout clothes, I walk to the garage and start my workout with running on the treadmill. After six minutes, I stop and do some push-ups, sit-ups, jump and jacks, burpees , plank push-ups, and three one minute planks. After I finish I get back upstairs and see that it is now 6:30. I take a shower then lay down in bed in my towel till seven. I get a call from Jes and answer it. "As you know, there's a game today. The boys are wearing there uniforms, so we are wearing ours! All the girls are!" She says. "K! I'll wear it! Loves ya girl! See ya at school!" "Loves ya to! See ya!" She says then hands up. Then I get up and grab my outfit for today. My red and white, one piece, Lon sleeve, very short, cheer uniform. I hate cheerleading, but mom wanted me to do cheer. My mom and I were in a car reck just a two years ago. I made it out with cuts and bruises and had to have stitches, but she died. She had me in cheer, and that's where I met Jes. Dad became the coach of a little kids team, and moved to high school when he became the twelfth grade science teacher. Yes, my father is my science teacher, and it stinks. I pull my hair into a high pony tail, and tie it up with my cheer ribbon. I walk to dads room, and see him up already. "Hey Alex!" Dad says as I walk into the kitchen. My full name is Alexandrea Grace Johnson, but every one calls me Alex. Sam calls me Lex. "Hey daddy!" I say and walk over to him. I kiss him on the cheek, then walk over to the fridge. "Excited for the game tonight?" He asks me. "Yeah, I'll be cheering during it. We have a special thing for during half time. I wish Taylor would be there to see me!" I say. Taylor is my older brother. He has been in the military for two years now. I've talked to him on the phone, but it's not the same as in person. "I know sweetie! He's here in our heart though!" I smile when he says this. Then my alarm goes off. "Time to go!" I say and grab my soccer bag (just in case), cheer bag, and back pack. I walk to the car and put all of my stuff in the trunk. I get in the passenger seat, and dad gets in the drivers.

We get to school, and he pulls into a spot in the teachers parking lot. I get out, and grab my cheer bag and back pack. "See ya in science daddy!" I say and kiss him on the cheek. I walk up to the boys soccer teams 'spot' and see them all standing there. Sams has his back turned to me, so I drop my bags and run up to him. I jump on his back, and he grabs my thighs to steady me. I smirk when I look up at the rest of the boys. "How's our favorite cheer leader?" Daniel, a junior and striker, says. "She's sad, but does no just fine! She's prepared for the first game of the season!" I say putting my fist in the air. They laugh and Sam sets me down. "Just so y'all know, the cheerleaders will be doing a special show during half time, so keep watch for me being awesome!" I say smiling. "Do we get to see you dance in that short little dress?" Tyler says. I slap his chest. "Shut up! Do you wanna run laps? All I have to do is tell dad...!" I say taunting. "Please don't tell coach! He'll make me run!" He says getting on his knees in a begging position. I just laugh, then the early bell rings. I turn around just in time for Jes to attack me. "Hey soccer girl! Hey boys or whatever I should call you, Alex we have to go do face paint!" She says all cheery. "We have like three minutes to get to class!" I say. "We're having an assembly during third period. We get to skip first, second, and third since we're cheerleaders and need to perform. The boys get out of second and third, so we can go over the plan with them." She explains to us. "Okay!" I say smiling. Then the warning bell goes off. I wave by to the boys, and Jes starts pulling on me. I run ahead of her, and then start doing flips in the air. I turn and look at the boys. They look at me shocked. I smirk and Jes reaches me. "Nice!" She says. "Thanks!" I say then we do our hand shake. (Slap our hands, then I put mine bottom and hers on top then slap, then we fist bump.) We finish and I smile. "Let's go!" I say. She grabs my hand, and we run into the building.