Chapter three

I run up the stairs again. I've been running up and down the stair case for an hour now. This is how I relieve stress, but it isn't working. I stop once I'm on a flat platform in the middle of the staircase, and lean against. Eventually I start falling and I pull my knees to my chest. I wrap my arms around them and cry. I think about all the times Sam was with me growing up. I think about everything.

Ten years old
I'm sitting on a bench, waiting for daddy's practice to be over. A boy comes over to me, and sticks his hand out. I shake it. "My name is Sammy." He says smiling. I giggle and say, "my name is Alex." He nods then dad calls him back over.

Fifteen years old
I sit in my bed. It's not mine, but the hospitals. Mom died and I'm left in a white, bland, death consuming, hospital room! I hear movement next to me, and turn to see Sam. "Sams?" I say with a raspy voice. He jolts up and grabs my hand. "Lex! I'm here! I'm here!" He says stroking it. I start to let tears come and he picks me up. He lays down, and lays me on top of him. Most people would think the worst, but people who know us, know that's not how it is! He caresses my cheek and the doctor comes in. "Hello Alexandrea! I see Samuel had already started taking care of you! He hasn't left once!" He says and I smile. I lay my head on his chest and wait for the bad news coming my way.

He can't be in a coma! He just can't be! The door opens and I see Mathew standing there. "Matty!" I say. He walks down to me and sits down. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lay my head on his. "He's gonna be okay!" He says. I nod and while the tears from my cheeks. "You wanna go see him?" I nod my head and he pulls me up. I start to fall, but he holds me up. He slowly walks us up the stairs, then outside. I look and see the whole team still here. "She needs some Mtn Dew!" Mathew says. I wave them off and walk to room 214. The doctor comes out and I try to go in. "I'm sorry Miss! Only family aloud!" He says. I look at the boys and see that they have huge grins on there face. Probably knowing that I'm going to blow if this dude doesn't move! "Family?! I am his family! I'm his sister! I'm-" I start yelling, but get cut off by Susan. "Let her in! That's his adopted sister! My adopted daughter!" She says and the doctor moves. "My apologies ma'am!" I nod then we walk in. I see a lifeless, still, grey body laying there. It doesn't even look like Sams . I sit in a chair next to his bed and grab his hand. "Hey Sams! It's Lex! I hope you wake up soon! I can't loose you! I need you back! The team needs you to!" I smile and allow tears to come out of my eyes. I kiss his knuckle and lay my head on the bed next to him. "I need you back Sam!" I sob and then the door opens. I feel my bag get rubbed, then I get lifted out of my seat. I wrap my arms around there neck and bury my head in there shoulder. I hear the person chuckle, but I don't look to see who it is. I continue to cry and let tiredness overcome me.