Chapter fifteen

I walk to the field, when I see Brandon and the boys having a heated argument. "Hey, what's going on?" I ask and they all look at me shocked. "Alex, we weren't expecting you to be here today." Brandon says and i nod. "i just...... kinda.... had to get away from the house i guess." i say and they all smile sadly.

"Why are we going to talk to her as if noting is going on?!" Daniel asks. "what do you mean? what happened?" I ask. "Brandons dad has decided to become the new coach." John says. "what?! He just died two weeks ago! Am i not doing a good enough job coaching?!" i ask and he rolls his eyes.

"I get that your sad that 'daddy' died, but this whole sport isnt about you! Some of us are playing this sport because we actually care about it! Now that that crappy,  bad excuse of a coach is gone, we can actually play the right positions, and maybe win some games!" he says. i just look at him and smile.

i kick the ball that is bright next to my foot, and it lands right where no guy wants it to. He bends over groaning, so i walk up to him. I grab the collar of his shirt, and pull him up to eye level. "You talk about my dad like that one more time, and i will do more than hit you in the groin with a deflating soccer ball! Do you understand me?!" i ask and he nods. "Good! Now get off of my field! Your off the team!" I yell in his ear, and he waddles off.

The boys cheer, and I roll my eyes. "Speaking of coaches, there are four that will be coming to try out today, and four tomorrow. Some I am the coach, and the coaches daughter, I get to choose who will be our coach, as long as it is one from the group. Now just a heads up, they will have many different techniques. If any of you don't want to participate, you don't have to. Each coach will have thirty minutes, unless I deem them unworthy. You will have a water break after each interval. Good luck, because I have no idea what these coaches are like!" I say then walk to the side.

The first coach walks up, and I get my clipboard ready. "Guys, this is Coby Harris. Mr. coby, you have thirty minutes to coach. Don't worry about water breaks, and coach however you like." I say then sit down.

Name: Coby Harris
Knowledge of soccer: ✅
Positive informant:❌
Push them:✅
Care:❌
Work to hard:✅

I watch as the coach turns out to be a jerk. He put Sams in the goal, and liked him straight in the face with a ball. I grab my whistle and blow it hard. I continue to blow my whistle, then walk up to the team. "Are you an idiot?! You do realize that he went into a coma due to getting kicked in the head, right? I have sat and watch you run these boys to the ground! It has been twenty-seven minutes, and you haven't even said the word soccer! Get off of my field!" I yell at him and the boys laugh.

"You are a child. You have no right to call me an idiot, and you have no right to kick me off of this field, little girl! I will coach these boys how I want!" He says and I laugh. "Sir, I don't think the principals told you, but I am in charge. I am currently the coach for this team, I will pick the next coach out of the eight who applied, and I will be the assistant coach! I pick, and your not it! Now, get off of my field!"