Chapter seventeen

A week later
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I walk onto the field, and everyone cheers. "There's our favorite cheerleader!" Daniel says and I smile. They all run to hug me, and I hear a voice. "Alex?!" The girls voice says. I turn around, just to be met by a skirt. "Jes!" I breath out and hug her tightly. "You scared the poop out of me!" She yells and I smile sadly. "I'm sorry!" I say and she smiles.

"We have to go get ready for prom! It's today!" She says and I roll my eyes. I look to the boys and they shake there heads. "Elijah's my date, and Sam is yours!" She squeals then grabs my arm and pulls me away.

Hours later, we're ready and dressed. I have a strapless, lace dress, that has a slit in the middle of the skirt. Jes has the same except blue. I have black heels, and she has silver. We both have our hair down, with parts of it pulled into hanging braids.

The doorbell rings, and we squeal. "I think we have some boys to get to!" She says and I nod. "Jes, Alex, Elijah and Sam are here!" Jes' mom yells from the stairs. I hear her dad having them sit down, and we laugh. "Let's go see our dates." I say and she nods.

We walk down the stairwell, and our audience smiles. Sam and Elijah have there mouths wide open, Jes' dad is pretending to be mad, and Jes' mom is smiling brightly. "You look beautiful!" Elijah says, kissing Jes' cheek. "Wow, Lex! I've never seen you look so girl!" He says and I smile. He hugs me and I laugh.

We walk into the party, and see a slideshow going of pictures. I see one of dad and I after the first game, and I hide the tears. An arm wraps around my shoulders, and I see that it is Sams. I grab his hand that's placed on my shoulder, and turn to him and smile.

A slow song comes on and I roll my eyes. "Since your my date, I see it fit, only if we dance." Sam says and I nod. He wraps his arms around my waist, and mine go around his neck. I smile and he makes kissy faces. I throw my head back and laugh. "That is a sexy face!" He says and I laugh even harder.

I look back at him, and see him smiling. "What?" I ask and he blushes. "I just..... never realized how beautiful you are." He says and I blush. He starts leaning in, and surprisingly I do as well. Our lips meet, and it's a soft, tender kiss.

The song ends, and a bunch of people appear around us. I see the whole team smiling and laughing. "John, you owe me five bucks!" Henry says and I roll my eyes.

I walk outside with Sams, holding his hand. "How long have you felt like this?" I ask him. "It started with us being like brother and sister, then about junior year, I realized I had a different kind of draw to you. At homecoming, I knew I was in love with you." He says, and I automatically stop, dead in my tracks. "Did you say you were in love with me?" I ask and he blushes. "I guess I did. I really hope that I didn't ruin our friendship! I can't loose you!....... please say something!" He says.

I pull him to me, and kiss him. I wrap my arms around his neck, and his snake around my waist. I smile into the kiss, and he pulls back. "I love you, Samuel Jenkins! I'm in love with you!" I say and he smiles. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks and I nod my head fastly. "Yes!"
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Jes:

 "Yes!"<><><><><><><><><><><><><><Jes:

Alex:

Alex: