chapter 4

Its been two weeks since Sam got kicked in the head, and he's still by ng the bed in a coma. I haven't gone to school, because no one could get me out of bed. Dad had to force me to even eat a sandwich yesterday. The boys have had zero games since, partially because there to depressed to do it, another part because they don't really have a goalie. Our goalies for the team are Sam, John, and me. John is more if a goalie in training though.

I'm brought out if NY thoughts when I hear the door open. Dad and Mathew walk in, and stand in front if my bed. "Your going to school tommorow!" Dad says and I look at him. "I can't go to school without Sam!" I yell getting up. Dad sighs then looks at Mathew and nods. Mathew walks over to me and picks me up. "Matty, what are you doing?" I gasp and grab Hus neck. He chuckles and stands me up on the floor. "Go take a shower! You stink!" Mathew says playfully. I huff, but comply anyways. I walk to the bathroom and start the water. I go back to my room and grab my phone for music. I put on Pandora, Demi Lovato radio, and Warrior comes on. I strip, get in the hot water, and start singing. Sam lived when u sang, though I don't know why.

After about ten minutes, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself. I walk over to my closet and start going through my outfits. I decide on a pink crop top, light blue short short, sandals, and black sunglasses to hide my pink puffy eyes. I throw those on then grab my backpack. The boys have brought me my work I missed, but I haven't done any of it. I walk downstairs and see dads waiting on me. "You ready?" He asks me and I nod. We walk out and I plug mg music in.

We pull into the school parking lot and the first thing I see is the soccer field. I take a deep breath and get out of the car. Dad goes inside, and u go to our spot. I walk over there and sit down. I lay my head on Jacobs shoulder and he wraps Hus arm around me. Our minute of peace was broken when the belk rings. I get up and the boys sigh. "Are you gonna talk to us?" David says. I shake my head and see them with pity looks. They know that thus hit me the hardest. I walk inside and to my first period class.

I sit down in my seat and look at the one next to me, Sam's seat. I get a lumo in my throat, but I swallow it. The teacher walks in and looks up at me. "Oh, Alex, u didn't know you would be back today! Nice to see you!" He says and I just look down. He must have been confused, because Johnathon says something. "She hasn't talked since that night!" I lay my head down as the tears start coming.

Its fifth period. One more period until I don't have to have the boys explain me. We start solving the problems in our textbook, when the phone rings. Mr. Jadin answers it, and I look up. I see him staring directly at me. "Okay just a second." He tells the person on the phone. "Alex, its for you," he says a smile tugging on his lips. I slide out of my desk, and walk over to the phone. He hands it to me, and I take a deep breath. "Alex, its dad. We have to go to the hospital!" He says and my heart stops. "Why?" I say NY voice quavering. "Sams awake!" He says and I put my hand on NY mouth. I start crying tears of joy, and look at Zach and nod. He jumps up, runs over to me, and hugs me. I give him the phone and him and dad talk. He puts the phone on the wall then hugs me again. I mm coming Sam.