Chapter nineteen

Four years later
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I walk to the field I once called my home. Sam had called me a couple hours earlier, and told me to meet him here for a surprise. I see him and all the other boys I call my brothers. I squeal then run to them. I hug each of them, and kiss Sams. "Now, why are all the boys here?" I ask and they all laugh. "We wanted to play a game! We missed you!" Daniel says and I roll my eyes. "Then let's get going. I'm in goal!" I scream then take off running to my favorite side. (The one that has a dirt patch at all times, so you always get dirty.)

The ball goes in and I turn around to get it. I laugh as I remember all the good times we have had on this field. I grab it and turn around. I see Sams in front of me, on one knee, with a ring in his hands. I drop the ball and gasp. All the guys laugh, and Sams starts speaking. "Alexandrea Grace Johnson, I have been in love with you for as long as I remember. I am so glad I was brave enough to walk up to you when we were six! I am so grateful that I have grown up with the best friend there is! Will you please marry me?" He says and I nod my head repeatedly. He stands up and I hug him.

He slips the ring on my finger and I laugh when I see a soccer ball and a heart on it. I kiss him and all the boys cheer. I hear a squeal, and I see a familiar face I haven't seen in five months. "Jes?!" I gasp. She runs over to me and tackles me to the ground.

The boys laugh and we both get up. "What are you doing here? I thought you were going with that group!" I say and she rolls her eyes. "Do you really think I would miss my sisters engagement? Anyways, they gave us a week for a break." She says and I laugh. "Well I'm glad my big sisters here!" I say and she giggles.

"You all do relaise you have no choice but to come right?" I ask and they all nod. "Of course were gonna be there! I'd kill you two if I wasn't!" John says and we laugh. "Am I invited?" A voice asks from behind all the boys. They all smile, and move. I see Brandon, and I can basically feel the pain on my neck.

"Alex, I'm so sorry for what I did! It was my dad! He knew he wouldn't be coach if you were in charge. He made me do it! He's a criminal! The guys already forgave me, so you?" He asks. I smile and nod. "It's okay. Yes, you can come." I say and he smiles. I'm so glad to be here with my family!