1

"Dad stop!" I let out a cry. He doesn't listen.

Another slap.

Another cut.

"Will you now play by the rule?" Dad hisses to my ear.

"But I didn't do anything wrong! I came home only one minute late." I try to explain myself. It's no use.

"You useless brat. I hope you suffer and die." Dad says and leaves me there on the basement floor. He goes up and locks the door behind him.

Welcome to my life. It's not great or even good. I'm being abused at home and bullied at school. I only have one friend but she lives in another town. She moved away three years ago and my life turned to a living hell. It wasn't always like this. My dad used to be so nice but then something changed. My older brother died in a car accident. My dad started drinking and mom left. I don't know why she didn't take me with her, I really don't. The bullying got worse. I have no idea how I've been able to make it to this day.

Right now I'm locked in the basement. Well that's just great. I won't be able to go to school tomorrow because he doesn't let me out till the next day. I feel some blood dripping to my hand. I touch my cheek, it's bleeding. I sigh and go to the corner of the room. I move the box and reveal a hole on the floor. Under it there's a first aid kit. I take it out and clean the cut on my cheek. Then I put a bandaid on it and put the kit back to the hole and the box on top of it. I'm used to this so I'm prepared. And why don't I just run away? I have nowhere to go, and no money.

All I can do now is sit here and wait for tomorrow. At least it's already 9:30pm so I'm not gonna be here for so long. He usually lets me out after he gets home from work, like 4pm. Until that I just have to be here without food or anything. At least I don't have to cope with this daily, it's more like weekly.

But it can't stay like this forever. I can't take this it's torture. And why don't I call the police? Well I have tried, they don't do anything. I want them to take my dad away and place me in a new, better home. But right now all I can do is try to stay alive and not make dad angry. I just wanna get out already. I want to go to school like normal people, I want to sit in the dinner table and tell my parents about my day, I want to talk with my brother, I want everything to be normal again. I hate this.

For my surprise I hear the door being opened. I quickly get up from the corner and see who's coming.

"Get up here you no good kid! You have to clean the house!" Dad yells from the top of the stairs. I sigh and walk up and past my dad. At least I got out. I take the vacuum cleaner and start vacuuming the house. After that I have to clean the windows and everything. We live in a nice white house in the suburbs. It's nice to live here the only problem is just my dad. I have no idea if the neighbours know about what my dad does to me or if they just don't care. After that I go up to my room and go to bed. I'm happy that I don't have to spend the night in the basement and suffer from back and neck problems the rest of the week. And I get to go to school tomorrow. Well I don't know if it's any better due the bullying but better than this.

I slowly drift to sleep.

-----------------

hey guys! i'm currently writing the book Paris but i decided to write this one on the side! i'm really excited about this book so i just couldn't wait, i hope you'll like it.