8

It's been a week since me and Martinus started dating. I'm usually hanging out with him and his friends in school. Marcus still hasn't warmed up to me but I don't mind. At least he isn't bullying me anymore.

I walk to school with Martinus. We go sit somewhere separate as his friends and just talk about everything random.

"Hey Gunnarsen, why are you still hanging out with her? The dare is over!" Alex asks as he and the other guys come to our table. Alex, Matt and Marcus are standing behind Martinus. Wait what?

"Martinus? What is he talking about?" I ask.

"Haha oh right. I had two weeks to impress you and 'start dating you.'" Martinus chuckles.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I'm so confused right now.

"Oh honey, did you really think I'd just suddenly fall in love with someone like you. And hey, looks like I won, and really fast too. I got you in under a week." he continues. "thanks for giving me dat pussy tho." he winks and leaves the table with everyone else laughing and patting his back.

I can't believe this. Of course it was a dare. I'm so stupid. How could I ever think that Martinus Gunnarsen would fall for someone like me. He's really just a bully. I get up and go to the bathroom.

I slide down the wall and just stare blankly straight forward. I'm not even crying. I just can't believe I fell for that.

Fuck that kid. Oh yea, I actually did. And I regret every part of it. I'm just so stupid. I sigh and get up. I still have to do that project with him. I'm just gonna do it myself.

I go home cause I don't even wanna look at him. I don't wanna be laughed at. I start heading home.

I go inside. The door is open. Oh no. Dad is home. At this point I don't even care.

"Get here kid and clean up this mess!" he says as soon as he sees me. There's some beer bottles shattered in the floor.

"Can't I just be alone for a minute." I mumble.

"I heard that! You're doing as I say if you don't wanna be in the basement, alone." he says.

"I'm sick and tired of you bossing me around, get someone else for that, I'm supposed to be your daughter not your slave!" I yell. I can't take this anymore.

I shouldn't have done that. He punches me right in the jaw and takes a piece of glass from the floor and makes a cut on my arm with it. I wince in pain but I just stand there and take all of that.

Then he grabs the collar of my shirt and pushes me to the basement. Great. This is where I'm gonna spend the rest of the night.

I just lay on the floor. I still can't believe Martinus would do that. He's just a bully, and a fuckboy. I don't get it, he seemed so happy. But who could ever be happy with me.

I don't even realize I'm crying before I can't see anymore cause the tears are literally floating from my eyes. I really fell for him. At least now I know why it's called falling in love, cause everything that falls, breaks. Cliche, I know. Also happens to be true.

I wanna get out of this fucking basement and this house. And especially this stupid town. I hate it here. For the first time I actually felt loved. How wrong that turned out to be. Life is cruel but I guess I saw it coming?

How the hell did I not see the signs? He stuttered when I asked what he was talking about the day we got assigned for the project, and when I asked what Marcus was yelling about. He never stutters he is always so confident.

I've been laying here for hours, it's already dark out. I guess I'm gonna spend the night here. No food or anything. Well yea I have some things hiding under the floorboards but that won't help me.

I lay down on my side and try to get some sleep. Maybe this is what I deserve. Maybe I really am just an ugly brat. I can't sleep because there's so much going on inside my head. And the floor is really cold.

After something that felt like hours I finally fall asleep on the cold hard ground.