5

I hear someone stomping on the stairs. Heavy steps may I say. Then Marcus appears on the living room so it must have been him.

"What is she doing here?" he asks.

"Marcus stop she's going through a lot right now." Martinus says still his one arm around me.

"Did I ask for her life story? Um, no." Marcus says harshly. Martinus sighs and gets up. He takes Marcus to the kitchen and I hear them talking in there. I only hear faint mumbling so I can't make up the words.

"Two weeks!? That's insane man you can't do that!" Marcus yells.

"Marcus be quiet she will hear you!" Martinus yells back at him. After a while he comes back and sits next to me.

"What was so secret about those two weeks he was talking about that I couldn't hear?" I ask curiously, maybe a bit scared too.

"I uh... told him to try to become friends with you in two weeks and I figured if you heard you would get mad cause I told him to do it even if he doesn't want it himself." Martinus says quickly.

"Okay?" I say. I'm a bit suspicious about what they're up to but I just shrug it off.

Me and Martinus ended up watching a movie from Netflix. It's like 9pm now so I guess we won't be working on that school project. I get up from the couch without saying a word and go out on my shoes. I hear Martinus come after me.

"Good night Jenny, I had fun with you tonight." He says smiling. I can't help but smile myself too.

"Me too. Thank you for being here for me and being with me." I say. I'm about to leave already but he spins me around and pulls me in for a hug. I just stand there in his arms and listen to his heartbeat. I hear him whisper goodnight to my ear. Then he let's go and I leave.

I go up the ladder to my room and close the window behind me. Then I quickly lock the door and go to my bathroom that has a door to it in my room. I wash off my makeup and braid my hair. I look at myself in the mirror. Why can't I just be beautiful?

I fall asleep thinking about Martinus. He is starting to become a great friend to me. He comforted me when I needed it. But I wouldn't be so sure about Marcus. But how would I expect him to change just cause his brother has changed?

My eyes start getting heavier and heavier and before I know it I already fall asleep.

"Get up you lazy kid! Someone is at the door for you!" I hear dad yell through my door and pounding at it. I quickly get up, unlock the door and run downstairs.

I stop at the door and see Martinus standing there. He looks up from his phone and smiles. I'm not happy at all. Why is he here? Oh my got I'm gonna be dead.

"What are you doing here! I'm gonna be in trouble for this!" I yell whisper.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to walk with you again." He says and pulls me in for a hug. I give him a quick hug and pull away.

"Oh my god I don't even have any makeup on and I'm still in my pajamas." I start panicking and run back upstairs. I hear Martinus follow me. I lock the door behind us so dad couldn't beat me or him up.

"Hey calm down Jenny you look just as beautiful in those pajamas and no makeup." Martinus says. I just roll my eyes and start doing my makeup.

"Yeah whatever you say." I say and start doing my eyebrows. I can see from the mirror that Martinus is sitting on my bed and watching my doings carefully like I'm doing some artwork.

"Are you done soon?" He asks after some minutes.

"Yes I just need to pick up an outfit." I say and go to my closet.

"I already picked one out for you." Martinus says pointing to my bed. I look at him confused and then look at the outfit. It's actually pretty good. Some basic blue jeans with a black hoodie. I go change in the bathroom and when I get out me and Martinus leave for school. We go out the window, as always, and start walking to school.

"Hey Gunnarsen come here!" someone yells when we get to the schoolyard. Martinus waves me quickly and runs to his friends. I just stand there alone. I start walking inside the school but I hear the guys talk about me so I stop and listen to them.

"So do you already have her?" someone, I think Alex asks.

"No not yet but I'm working on it." Martinus replies.

"Yea just don't bring her to our house anymore I don't want her there." That was definitely Marcus. Thanks man.

"Hey do you want this to work or not?" Martinus says. I decide to leave at this point because the class starts in one minute.

I sit to my usual place at the back of the class. Martinus sits next to me because we have to work on the project now. I take out my laptop and start writing something. Martinus starts doing the project on his laptop too.