6

Well this is new. I'm sitting in the lunch table with Martinus, Marcus, Alex and Matt. They're all minding their own business and eating but I'm just sitting in my seat quietly and trying to figure ways to escape. Martinus insisted for me to sit with them. I'm just scared that they're gonna do something to me.

"Are you okay?" Martinus whispers. I just nod and start eating. Martinus puts his hand on my thigh under the table. I look at him and he smiles at me and  that calms me. I smile back and start eating again.

"Oh Martinus have you found a girl for yourself?" Matt says winking.

"Nah we're just friends. At least now." He chuckles. I almost choke on my food. Did he just basically say he wants to date me? I look at him a bit shocked.

"Jenny do you wanna go on a date with me tomorrow?" Martinus asks.

"Yes of course!" I answer smiling. He takes my hand and squeezes it gently.

We all finish eating and get out of the cafeteria. Marcus, Alex and Matt go play football outside but me and Martinus stay inside.

"Martinus why do you wanna go on a date with me? Out of all the girls you could get." I ask.

"Because I don't want any other girl I just want you. I would ask you to be mine already but I wanna do it properly later." He says. He's looking me straight in the eyes. I start smiling. Am I falling for that boy? Maybe yes.

He pulls me in for a hug and I wrap my arms around him. He rests his chin on top of my head cause I'm so short. I could stay like this forever but the next class starts soon so I have to let go.

This is one of those few classes I don't have. with Martinus. I sit in the back and just think about him. I can't believe everything that has happened. He used to be my biggest bully but now he wants to go on a date with me? No wait. There has to be a catch. This is too good to be true.

When the bell rings I'm the first one to get out of the room. I have to find him. I see him hanging by the lockers and I run up to him.

"What's the catch?" I ask. For a second he looks like I caught him on something. Then his face relaxes.

"What? There's no catch. Hey just cause my attitude towards you has changed fast it doesn't mean that there's a catch. You can trust me." he says and it calms me. Of course I can trust him. I mumble him an apology and he laughs a bit.

"Hey it's okay I wouldn't trust me either so easily after what I've done to you. But don't worry." he continues. I just nod.

"Sorry Martinus." I say quietly. He just chuckles. We talk for a while and then I have to get to class. Maybe I should just trust this kid?

I've been thinking about Martinus the whole night. It's almost 1am and I'm not tired at all. I decide to take my phone out and text him.

j-martinus i can't sleep

*read 1:03am*

j-martinuuuus?

*read 1:04am*

I sigh. Maybe he has something better to do. I put my phone back on the nightstand and just stare at the ceiling.

About five minutes later I hear someone knocking on my window. I look out and see Martinus. I get out of bed and open the window for him. He steps in and closes the window.

"So you can't sleep huh?" he says smirking.

"What are you doing here Martinus its middle of the night?" I ask.

"You said you couldn't sleep so I came to keep you some company." he shrugs his shoulders and sits on the bed pulling me next to him.

"So what should we do?" I ask.

"Let's watch Netflix." he says and lays on the bed pulling me in his arms. I look at him and smile as he chooses a movie for us to watch.

"I know you're looking at me." he says still trying to pick a good movie. I quickly turn my head and he chuckles.

"Hey I didn't say you need to stop." he says turning my head back. I look at him in the eyes. They're the most perfect shade of brown.

He slowly leans in. Oh my god this is it. I feel a million butterflies flying around in my stomach. Then he kisses me. His lips are so soft. Chills go down my spine and I kiss him back.

"I was gonna wait until tomorrow after the date but you just look so damn beautiful right now." he whispers as we pull back. I just kiss him again.

"Martinus Gunnarsen I think I'm falling for you." I say. He smiles.

"Same here Jenny Svartan." he says back. I kiss him on the cheek and we start watching the movie.