XXXVI

"Take a nigga,
Out his glow fast,
We blasting on yo ass."

Christopher☘️

"Hey Dex."

"Daddy" My 6 Year old son said over the phone. "When are you coming? We miss you!"

"I'm coming soon." I said. "How's your brother, he doing good?"

"Yep, he out with his friends." He said.

"When he come back tell him to stay out of the streets and that daddy misses him hey," I said.

"Okay dad." He said. "But I really want to see you."

"Its a surprise I promise," I smiled. "Your gonna see me."

"Ok. I'll talk to you later." He said handing the phone to his mom.

"I'm coming to take my kids." I said. "Are you even caring for them?"

"Yeah duh, what are you expecting. They my children too." She said. "And quit with your bull shit,they ain't going nowhere."

"Listen I'm coming in three days and I'm coming to see them. There's no way your gonna stop me now. They belong to me too." I said, before she hung up. "Men this whore."

She's lucky I didn't get a chance to bring up her and Calvin... Her dead ass baby daddy.

I was just chilling outside, in the front of Desiree's porch, since its a nice morning.

There was a little creak behind me and footsteps, and I already knew it was her. Desiree.

"Hey." She said taking a seat next to me.

"Hey." I said looking back at her and going on with my doings.

"Seen August?" She asked seating by me.

"He left this morning ." I said.

"Right." She said taking out her phone. "How's your kids."

"Doing good, just promised to go see them in 3 days." I said a she brought a slight smile upon her face. "I don't trust their mother around them."

"It's ok they're good kids......Do you think I'll be a good mother?" She asked as I smiled.

"Absolutely." I said. "I mean, you don't do drugs anymore, don't own guns, don't act tough. Just been your self as woman, I like that."

"Thank you." She chuckled dialling Augusts number. "Hold on."

Desiree🍂

"Hello." I heard his voice say.

"Hey."I softly spoke

"Hey." He said.

"I miss you." I said as he kept quite. "So much August. I just wish you can just come back, to me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything ."

"Dee-"

"Babe." I cut him off." I love you, and I'm ready to move to Atlanta with you guys if that's what pleases you, and we can leave with Chris. In 3 days."

"Surely up for it," He faked laughed. "I'm coming down to yours, catch you later."

He hung up before I could say it back.

"He'll come around." Chris said, look at the streets.

"You think?" I asked.

"I know." He said. "Here's my advice, always let him know what he needs to know. Don't fill your head with bullshit it don't deserve ."

"This is why you never gonna stopped being my best friend." I smiled hugging him. "Everything is messed up."

"Yeah... I'm just hoping to see my kids grow up to not become someone like me." He said. "I want the best for them"

"Well your a good father, my father couldn't even care for me." I laughed with tears in my eyes. "My mother couldn't do the same because she was gone."

I let the tear drop as he pulled me closer. Men this hormones!

"Well now it's your turn to be the mother of the world, make sure you don't lose your self." He said as we laughed it off.

We sat there in silence, watching the cars drive by.

***

@ excuse any typos💗