XIX

"If I should stay, I would only be in your way so I'll go, but I know I'll think of you every step of the way."

Desiree🍂

We rushed to the hospital meeting Elijah and Ethan at the reception.

"How is he?" I quickly asked.

"We don't know, we're waiting on the doctor." Ethan said walking back towards the reception. "Is the doctor out yet."

"Doctor." I ran to him once I saw him get out of one of the rooms. "How's my brother?"

"Zion Johnson?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Sorry but the gunshot got his heart, I'm sorry but we lost him."

"No!" I screamed.

Getting everyone attention, Ethan, Elijah, Josiah and August looked at me and I could see the tears in theyre eyes and I also had tears forming inside my eyes.

I fell onto the ground with my hands in my face.

I just sat there crying, crying.......I lost my brother, crying because of the memories we shared together and cried because of our future we planned.

"Where's my brother? Gone!"

I felt a pair of arms lifting me up.

"Dee, let's go." I heard August whisper into my ears.

"No," I cried. "Not without Zion."

"Listen Dee it's ok," Ethan walked to us, his eyes were bloodshot red. "Let's go home."

"No." I said.

"Hey listen, let's go talk it out at home,"

He bent down to me and hugged me. "It's ok." He said .

Ethan slowly, gently pulling me up, walking me out of the hospital with August leading us to his cars as I got in.

August🍁

I feel so bad for Desiree's lost.
Especially when she's the only girl in their family, although they never got along she showed how much she cared for her brother.

And this, this is all because of FJ. My motherfucking 'cousin'. People are gonna hate me and think I'm backstabbing or I'm using them, cause of his ass.

This shit is fucked and his gonna pay for fucking it up.

I couldn't go home today. Desiree needed me the most. She's upstairs, her brothers are in the basement plotting on revenge... And I'm here I guess ah confused.

I made my way up the stairs, opening the first room which was her room.

"Dee." I said getting no response.

I closed the door after walking in silently making my way to her bed.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey." She said "Going home?"

I looked at her in the eye before responding, her eyes were so red.

"I don't know, up to you." I said.

"Stay." She said as I took my shoes off making my way inside her blankets.

She smuggled into me, holding me tight as I stroked my hand down her hair.

"I'm sorry." I apologised. "I'm sorry things had to end this way for Zion."

"Me too." She said sniffing as I kissed her head.

"Ethan said his funeral will be packed by next week." I said when she broke down into tears again. "Hey, Hey it's okay, it's going to be okay."

"August?" She softly said.

"Mhm."

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too," I kissed her head.

***

Love, love, love in the air!

@ excuse any typos💗