Chapter 15

There was a clicking noise. Someone came into her room. Silvia couldn't glimpse, because she was still lying on her belly, like she fell asleep. The intruder was limping, judging by the strange rhythm his steps made, scraping on the floor. She wanted to just turn around and see. See, who was coming, why he was limping, if she knew him. But she couldn't move. It was paralising. Silvia was lying on her belly, eyes closed, not able to move, heavy steps surrounding her bed. Then there was a deep roar. She was thrown out of her bed and onto the floor. Protecting herself with her arms, she wasn't able to make out the attacker's face. Silvia seperated her arms and gasped. The bizzar and blurred face looked so much like the old man's.

Silvia awoke to her own scream. She was lying on her ellbows, beside the bed. It was still dark. No, it's always dark. She reminded herself. She sat up and leaned against the bed, breathing heavily. Slowly she reached for her discus, her hands sweaty and trembling, her eyes trailing into the nothing. Everything was still blurred, her senses paralised. With a soft crack the discus left her back and she started looking up the time. It was almost midday. Closing her eyes she relaxed and sighed. Her limbs felt so heavy. The discus touched the floor and she stretched. Beck. Quick as lightning she jumped up. Oh, shit... They'd wanted to meet at the sports club and train some, around midday. He must be waiting. In one move she picked up her discus and ran down the stairs. Jumping onto her green light cycle, she attached it to her back again. The tires screeched and she slid over the dimly lighted black floor.