White in a land of darkness (Chapter 10)

She went to her bed, exhausted from her conversation with Tron. As she entered her room, she saw Beck on one side of the bed and a broken lamp on the floor. So that's what it was. She had to smile a little at least, despite her exhaustion. She curled up next to Beck and fell asleep fast. The driver had brought tha girl to a mansion like house on top of a huge rock. After parking the car and lifting her up again he dragged her into the house and lay her on a big white couch. Then he went. The girl didn't stand up, but she wasn't too scared to look around the room. Everything was white. The floor, a table, a carpet, the lamps, the walls, at least the windows weren't milky. After some time, a man came back. She thought it was the driver and remained silent. He stood 6 feet apart, cross armed and obviously waiting for a response. The girl scanned him. She wasn't sure it was the driver, but she just had a feeling. If it was him, he wasn't wearing his orange striped suit anymore, but a white one, with blue stripes and a strange 'T' on his chest. She could see his face now, it was old and reminded her a little of a grandfather type man. He smiled warmly. "Do you want to tell me who you are?" The girl swallowed. She feared she couldn't speak at all in this land. "My... my name is Silvia." "Hello, Silvia, nice to meet you, but... how did you get here?" The girl tried to remember, but she couldn't. It was a wonder she still knew her name, or was that her name? "I don't... remember... I'm sorry. I just know that I'm not from..." She didn't want to call it 'dark land', that would be a little too rude. "The Grid. It's the Grid." The man thought about what she had said and decided to trust her. "So you don't know what that is?" , he said, taking the strange disc off her back and starting to tipe awkward things into a hologram. "Uh... no, what is it?" The man told her it was called discus and had many features, for example; holding a programs memory, which was why he typed something inside it. "Well, it is strange. There is no memory saved in here but from the moment you lay on the darkness..." He murmured more to himself than to the girl. Louder, he added "Well, get some sleep, you must be very tired. I got a second room for you" , and gave her the discus back.