Old Tron-New Tron (Chapter 9)

"So are you two done for the moment?" , Tron asked bluntly. "Uh.. yes I guess", Beck said, slowly letting go of Silvia. "Well then, I wish you a good night, S, I hope you don't mind Beck sleeping in your room? It's the only one left." With a blink at Beck, who had turned a deep tomatoe res, she said: "Uhm, no. That's fine. I'll just get everything ready" After entering her room she jumped onto her bed, rethinking all that had happened. I'm so happy I told Beck now. I could not have lived with this secret anylonger. But Tron's being strange today. He seemed older than before, or at least less powerful. I wonder what he's been discussing with Beck for so long. There was a knock at her door. She turned over and opened it. It was Beck. "Hey, Tron wanted to talk to you, he said I could look around the house a little bit." He brushed past her and examined the room. Silvia had to laugh at it and closed the door behind her. "You wanted to tell me something?" , she asked Tron, who was staring out the window, like he did so often. "Yes, sit down." She did as she was told and waited for him to come sit next to her or do something. But he didn't. In the background there was a noise, Beck must've broken something. Tron chuckled, sighed and turned around all at once, as if he had been woken feom a dream. "Silvia, I... You must know, that... My injuries have gotten worse", he stopped a moment to roll down the neck of his suit to show her his partilce shining wounds, "I feel, that my time won't last much longer and I've been out of defending it for a long time." Silvia didn't know where this was going. "But the Grid... The Grid can't be without a protector, or Clu would destroy us all. So I have decided to find a new Tron to keep the folk's hopes up, when I'm... when I'm..." He didn't finish the sentence, but Silvia understood anyways. She didn't want to, though. She felt the tears welling in her eyes. "But... but how much time is left to you? Beck can't do this without any training... He won't ever listen to ME either!" "Calm down. I still got time left, just that I'm too weak to resist Clu. I'll need some one to do what I'm too old and broken for." Silvia didn't know what to say. She did notice, that Tron hadn't used the healing machine for a long while, and his wounds had gotten worse. "Whatever your decision is, I'll help you"