Chapter 19

As she entered the room and leaned against the doorway, her gaze was fixed on Beck. Tron was standing at the control panel, watching him closely, too. Beck was fighting against some low-leveled enemies, so Tron could observe how Beck fought. Silvia had only watched for some seconds, but Beck smashed his discus into the programed chest and it shattered into a million pieces. She smiled, being proud of Beck, since they always trained together. Of course, Silvia was better, but she loved their training sessions anyways. Beck stood up tall and relaxed. Tron nodded. He hadn't even noticed her but she didn't mind. He started pressing some buttons and another enemy appeared out of nothing. Like Clu's cat'spaws, he had a orange striped suit and a visored helmet, there was no one behind it, it was just a lifeless program. Silvia herself was confused sometimes, but Tron had told her not to ask questions like these in public. People would start to wonder and ask questions of their own. The next enemy seemed far more aggresive and pushed Beck backwards by quite a bit until Beck leaned forward quickly and smacked him down. The enemy's discus came pretty close to Beck's face, so it looked awkward when he held him down but flinched his head as far away as possible. At last, Beck could manage to cut him in half and sat back exhaustedly, breathing heavily. This fight had been really close already, and Silvia was sure he hadn't been such a high level yet. Maybe that was the reason why Beck looked so depressive. She pitied him. Tron wanted him as his heir, it must be a lot of pressure. Tron pressed another button and the glass that seperated the control panel from the training room slid down slowly. Only then did Silvia stirr. "That was not that bad, remember: It's only your first training!", she tried to lift Beck's spirits. Beck looked up, unsure. Tron seemed in deep thought. Before he said anything he just turned around and walked away, probably into the living room to stare out of his window, since he didn't use his healing machine that much. Silvia was disappointed. Tron could not have been less helpfull. "Beck, don't mind Tron, he's always been like that", she told him as she helped him stand up. He sighed. "I know, but... I should be better, he wants me to be the next Tron. And Tron should be strong and powerful and stuff. Not like me" "Right now, we only need someone to give the people hope. Clu's probably gonna do something soon, or Tron would not have collected you." Beck clicked his discus back to his back and a faint half-smile krept onto his face.