Chapter 7 - a suit fit for a king

Once I got my stuff I thought to myself multiple times your freaking crazy you know that I don't know what you think your gonna do but think this threw . I sat down on a big block of old dusty wood . Yeah how am I gonna do this ?. Come on geo think how are you gonna get there or how are you going to escape and stay hidden ? I thought for a solid minute until I got an idea . I got up and ran upstairs passed my mom pushing my step dad out the way and into my room . There I began looking there my old Halloween container where we kept all my costumes and I mean all of them from five and up. I looked at a all blood red old hockey mask from when I dressed up as a hockey player. It was pretty dusty and the holes in the mask itself were filled in with grey dust balls. When I picked it up I gave a smile "Prefect fit!" I said in a happy mood now. Jason peaked in through the crack of my bedroom door he said smiling "Look who's in a happy mood! Wanna go to the park you know just hang out?" I frowned and said "Can it wait? I ..well I uh got stuff to do ." He looked a little disappointed and said "jovonni we should talk you know ?" I grabbed the mask and closed the container and said "later I promise!" while trying to rush out to get back to the basement but he put his arm blocking my path ."Come on kido it's only gonna take a minute plus your mom has been wanting me to have this conversation with you for a while ." He chuckled and sat down on the bed he patted the a spot on the bed signaling me to sit next to him. He smiled when I sat next to him hoping he would hurry the hell up . "You know when I was your age my dad wasn't around and it left my mom very sad until my stepdad Bryan came around made her very happy." I groaned to myself and rolled my eyes while he talked me to death I couldn't believe this was happening he was giving me the I can call him dad speech I couldn't take anymore I was gonna jump off a bridge I interrupted him mid speech " Jason it's ok I'm ok with you being my stepdad now can I go please?!" He smiled like he just won a Grammy " Yeah sure kido just remember I'll always be there for you and you can call me dad if you want ?" By that time I had bolted down stairs setting up the rest of the stuff I looked at a all black hoodie it was a old hoodie I stoped wearing the Nike symbol peeled and almost completely gone off the hoodie it's self . I peeled whatever I could and I grabbed red and black spray paint near by in the storage supplies . I wanted this costume to be as much black and red it could be I know what you're thinking . Oh because he can camouflage in darkness and strike fear in his enemies .......No just wanted it cause everything looks better in black and red duh! I hung up the hoodie and grabbed the red spray paint I started thinking about what I wanted what my perfect symbol was going to be. I said to myself "Oh I can put a N and call myself nightmare!" Then I realized it was a really stupid . Honestly I was tempted to put a P but I thought wait I live in a dirty generation now a days last thing I need is someone renaming me something like penis man I shook my head to forget that . I grunted to myself and sat back down staring at the hoodie what did I want . I again looked the cubby and took everything out I began looking at the arrow tip and said "Hey this could work ." I smiled at the thought then began to realize there were some super hero's that already had certain symbols like an arrow . Back at a dead end I sat down looking at the stuff then I looked at the knife and thought about having a knife symbol on my but then it hit me . Not Stan lee hit me but I gazed at the red X on the handle of the knife .I began to grin and grabbed the red spray paint as I proceeded to draw an X on the chest reaching from the shoulder to the side of the hoodie. It was perfect I didn't even care what the name was gonna be I had created my first costume I threw in my black cargo pants and my red and black D.C. sneakers and NO I wasn't kidding by everything black and red! I put it all away and got prepared for bed I had school tomorrow and needed the sleep. But I could barely sleep there was a excitement in my stomach that settled deep down inside .