Chapter 11- bens marcos file

I arrived to the police station and asked for detective owens. He soon came out he was smoking a cigarette "what's up kid?" Has he exhaled a cloud of thick white smoke rose up out of his mouth. I couldn't help but to cough I guess he got the message clearly he put out his cigarette."ah sorry kid I really shouldn't be smoking these cancer sticks around people even kids. "I used my hand to clear whatever smoke got close enough to me "I was wondering if you ever got the guy I forget his name um Alex?" I wanted to play as dumb as possible detective Owens.  looked at me " Marco.. Ben Marco he's known as the ghost higher up in the gang." I shook my head "yeah him did you ever get him so I can ID him?" Mr Owens kept a straight face "no not recently he's been laying low none of his goons will give him up. Looks like their more scared of him then us." I became curious and raised my eyebrow "what if you track his calls from his number? Wouldn't that be better?" I looked at the file that had my dads name on it . "Well we tried but he must be using an iPod that's not connected to wifi or probably smashed now if it was a trace phone we would of picked up a signal. This mans only been locked up once he's smart he keeps his hands clean."   

    He began lowering my head I thought to myself I don't care how smart he thinks of himself he won't get away. I exclaimed "well no criminal is perfect they all mess up at some point!" He roughed up my hair in a playful way "that's right kid everybody messes up at some point." He smiled and started walking to a door on the right . I quickly but sneakily took the file and searched through it . I looked at this Ben Marco guy and saw his mug shot he was the man I saw in the garage he was bald but had a trimmed facial beard brown eyes he looked like he was a mix of Spanish or black or maybe he was just a light skin brown . I noticed a symbol on his neck . It was of a wicked smile and it's tongue out I looked closer. The cop behind me said softly while piling up papers "it's the drug symbol for the laughing killer." I turned a little nervous thinking  I was going to be in trouble. "Excuse me?..it's called what?" I said shaking a little. The officer looked at me " It's a drug symbol a gang symbol on there product in your case crack rock." He kept  the papers in a folder. I said "why tattoo it on your neck then?" I snuck the picture from the file in my back pocket while setting the file down. The officer answered "Think this way you gotta get your product on the street somehow wouldn't you be proud of it if it was high selling?" I nodded in agreement he chuckled and said "it's all in the mind where are my manners officer daily." He smiled putting his hand out to shake mine "Jovonni ." I smiled back shaking his hand officer daily shook and we exchanged looks "Trust me your father is in good hands now." I started to smile but then it quickly dawned on me how did he know this case was about my dad? How did he know I was his son? I said "yeah thank you very much sir." The officer went back to picking papers and whispered to me "if I were you don't bother looking at the files there not all correct." I slowly nodded and walked out waving goodbye.

    I went home and started working on my own little file and info I could get I did research on the symbol the laughing killer aka know as try-hard just as the cop said crack. It could be found on the streets of berling ave police have found packages and samples of them but only caught one man who they later found hanging from his prison cell. Detective owens wasn't wrong they might fear him more then the police which was a scary thought. But every criminal messes up at one point and I was gonna be right there to catch him.