Chapter 15 - A place to be

A day in and kat had made up on her promise she texted me and told me to meet up with her by the library so I got dressed and made my way there. When I met her she was there back on her phone. she wore a pink hoodie with her hair tied in a pony tail I barely noticed her because I'm so use to her wearing all the dresses and her hair straight. "Well someone looks like they didn't wanna go out at all today." I said smiling she glanced at me giving a smile "Glad you came you were taking forever." She reached into her purse and pulled out the phone which she handed to me. I took it and said "thanks kat I really couldn't do this without you anytime you wanna hangout I can." She giggled "oh well that sounds like you just asked me out now didn't it?" I caught myself "w-what no not like that you know I meant like just wanna hang I wasn't I wouldn't I promise it was not suppose to come out that way!" She started laughing "dude I'm just pulling your leg calm down!" I looked at her and rolled my eyes "Did you find the location?" She nodded pulling out a paper all folded up "This is the last area the message reached out from. Who ever your stepdads texting they live on the other side of town I guess that's as suspicious as it gets but there was a message I couldn't help but looking into if it's ok for me telling you this." I looked down at the phone then looked at her "what is it?" She fixed her glasses " I think your stepdad might be meeting up tonight , last night I got a text from this guy or girl whatever he's into." She showed me a message it was a time 10:35 pm I put my hand on her shoulder and asked "where's the area kat?" She grabbed the folded paper and pointed "245 maple bush ave ...." without second guessing I hugged her grabbed the paper, the phone and ran home .

As I got home I realized that I couldn't get  all the way to the other side of town not on foot that's crazy! I thought maybe I could take my bike and peddle all the way over there but then thought how fearful would that actually look if they saw a dude in a mask on a bmx bike . I sat down and gave it a hard thought ...think dummy ..I kept repeating in my head. I looked on my dresser I saw the knife still laying there . I had brung it up from the night I went out and never had a chance to put it with the suite. I walked up to the dresser and grabbed the knife I decided to put it in the nightstand cabinet and when my mom and Jason went to bed I'd bring it down you know. When I opened the cabinet I found my pair of clothes and I'm talking about the same outfit I wore on the day my dad ...passed.. it looks like I took the liberty of putting them away. Maybe it was my mom but she really doesn't put clothes in the night stand cabinet. I grabbed the black cargos and shirt. the shirt still had stains of dried blood.... I remembered now .my mom wanted me to throw it away but I didn't have the heart to do so I dragged my finger across the shirt and then took out the cargo shorts there didn't seem to be any blood but then again they were all black so it was hard to to see if either way. I moved across the shorts as I put the knife in the cabinet and I felt a hard lump in the pocket. As I touched confirming there was now a lump I went into my pocket and pulled out the inside contents. From there I grabbed a couple dollars and keys to my dads dirt bike. I started laughing to myself as I threw the keys up in the air catching them . "Wait..how am I gonna get the bike and bring it here?" I said out loud unless I put it in the old shed we had outside in the yard but it was torn down and soon Jason wanted to work on it to fix it up. But it didn't matter this was gonna be my spot until I found a new hiding place.

With a quick thought I ran all the way to my dads house which was a long way out lucky me edge wood and maple are still close to each other . my feet were killing me. I opened up the garage and saw the bike was still there ...and so was the police tape almost everything covered in plastic wrap and the blood stain now seeped into the cold hard ground . I didn't want to be in there anymore and quickly pushed the bike out . I sat down on it and put the keys in the starter and I swiftly turned it a engine now roaring and the vibrating sent chills through my body . I twisted the handle and stepped on the peddle and I went flying on out into the busy street . Cars honking and breaking  near every angle I tried stopping but what I thought was the break only boosted the bikes speed I begin to fear for my life I didn't know how to break . I twisted the second handle and it stoped almost right then and there and I shifted to my side the bike crashing I felt a shocking pain sending messages through my body. I groaned  "so that's the break.." I said getting up brushing my clothes and checking for scrapes and cuts. After brushing myself off I picked up the bike and practiced as safely as possible! I drove home and turned off the engine a couple blocks away from my house I walked it back and hid it in the shed I put a cover over it. When I glanced at my watch it was 6:12 almost time. I sat down and chilled I felt a excitement rushing in me and I couldn't wait.