Chapter 24

Chapter 24- Breakfast

I woke up with a satisfied feeling. I try to get up and stretch, but I am held down by two strong arms around my waist. I try to pry his arms off of me, but to no avail. I groan and lay back down beside Jay on the bed. I roll over so I am face to face with him. I blow on his face hoping that it will wake him up.

When that does nothing to wake him, I roll over on top of him and start to kiss his neck. I hear him moan a little and his arms finally loosen around me. I roll back over and jump off the bed, racing towards the bathroom.

When I open the door to leave the bathroom I see Jay waiting on the other side. I smile at him as I pass by him. He growls, but still goes into the bathroom to do his business. I walk over to my bag and take out a blue tank top and some dark blue, almost black jean capris. I put my hair up in a ponytail and go downstairs to get some breakfast.

I start to make some bacon when I heard someone come in behind me. I turn around to see Alpha Max giving me a weird look. I give him a weird look back and focus on the bacon. I had just finished the bacon when Max finally decided to speak up.

“So how did the mating games go Sophia?” He asked looking almost afraid of the answer I would give him.

“It went fine Max, don’t look so frightened.” I said to him.

“Did you find your mate?” He asked looking very curious.

“Yes I did.” I said looking at him amusedly.

He gapes at me as if I am an alien. I laugh at him and then start to fry some eggs in the bacon grease. Max stands there frozen I look at him and almost start laughing again. I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs and I know it is Jay. Max is going to be in for one heck of a surprise. Jay walks over to Max and holds his hand out as he introduces himself.

“Hello Alpha Max, I am Sophia’s mate, Jay.” He keeps his hand out, but Max just looks at him in more surprise.

I laugh out right at Max, but I still keep cooking breakfast. Jay waves his hands in front of Max’s face trying to get him out of his self-induced trance. Max finally seems to come out of it as his eyes focus on Jays waving hand. Jay stops waving and holds his hand out once again and this time Max takes it in his own.

“Please just call me Max. It is nice to meet you Jay.” He says to Jay, even though he is looking at me.

“You ok Max you look a little out of it this morning?” I asked Max still laughing under my breath.

He shoots me a look and I can’t help it this time I laugh so hard I start crying. When I stop both men in the kitchen are staring at me like I am a crazy person.

“Sorry your face was hilarious Max and just your whole reaction to this situation.” I tell them, wiping away my tears of laughter.

“Well you can’t blame me Soph, none of us thought you would accept your mate and now that you are here with your mate and you aren’t fighting it is kind of mind blowing in the least.” Max says incredulously.

Jay looks at me and raises his eyebrow, while I just shrug my shoulders.

“Well I guess you can say I had a change of heart.” I say to Max.

Jay walks over to me and tries to grab some bacon, but I smack his hand away from the food, then glare at him. He looks at me and puts his arms around my waist, leans in and kisses my cheek. When he pulls away I see him eating a piece of bacon, I scowl at him while he just smiles.

Jay sits at the table and talks to Max while I finish cooking. I set the table with plates of food and the fill their plates and dig in. I take a plate from the cabinet and take a seat by Jay and start eating.

“So what are you guys going to do today?’ Max asks us.

“We are going to go to my family’s house so Sophia can meet them. Then I figured we would go back to America with your pack and get Sophia’s things and come back.” Jay answers.

Max nods and eats the rest of his food in silence, then he looks up again at Jay.

“I am sure you will have a fun time telling her brother that you two are mates.” Max says to him with amusement.

Jay looks at him surprised then at me. “You never told me you had a brother.” He says nervously.

“You never asked.” I told him.

Jay looks to his food and pushes his plate away from him. Max laughs at him and I glare at Max, because I know that he meant to freak Jay out by bringing up my brother.

“You know her brother is my Beta too. He…. “

Before he could finish I threw an apple at him. Even though he caught it before it actually hit him, he glared at me playfully.

“Max stop trying to freak my mate out, it isn’t nice.” I scold Max.

I look at Jay and he still looks a little white.

“Jay don’t freak out he isn’t that bad, Max is just trying to psyche you out.” I said to him trying to comfort him by rubbing his back.

“Sophia any big brother would want to kill the man that was trying to take their little sister away from him and stealing their innocence.” He said looking extremely worried.

I laughed at him. “Stop thinking like that. My brother never thought I would accept my mate, so he will be happy that I have you. Also, his mate is my best friend so if he starts to look a little violent, I can get her to calm him down. He will love you I promise.”

When I finish my lecture he finally smiles a little bit and then lets chuckles. “Only you would say that sweetheart.”

He looks at me with love in his eyes and hugs me into his side and stands up.

“Come on Sophia it’s time to meet my family.”