Chapter 32

Chapter 32- Back Home

The next day time seemed to fly and the Diana, Jay, and I were off to the airport. We put our things in the car and Jay drove us to the London airport, which was only ten minutes away. We got to the airport and put our luggage on the conveyer belt and waited for our flight to be called.

“So Diana I know I already asked Jay, but how do you feel about going to the U.S. and meeting my brother?” I asked across Jay.

“I am very excited! I can’t wait to meet your brother and I love traveling and seeing new places. All of this is amazing.” She answered with enthusiasm.

“You will love it in Oklahoma everything is so different from London, but in a good way.” I said.

“Well I can’t wait!” She said.

“Flight 48 to New York is now boarding at gate three. Please begin to make your way to the gate at this time.” We heard over the speakers.

We all got up from the waiting area and walked toward gate three. The flight attendant took our tickets and directed us toward our seats. I wasn’t surprised when she pointed us toward the first class section, of course Jay would get first class. I sat in a window seat towards the back and Jay sat right next to me in the aisle seat. Diana sat right in front of us in the window seat.

The other passengers slowly filtered onto the plane and into their seats. I man about Diana’s age sits down next to her. Diana doesn’t seem to notice, but the man was definitely checking her out. I tried to cover up my laugh with a cough, but I know that Jay had already caught on and was scowling at the back of the mans head. 

“Hello there my name is Harold, what should I call a pretty young thing like yourself?” The man started flirting with Diana.

“My name is Diana, nice to meet you Harold.” Diana said completely oblivious to his flirting.

Jay wasn’t quite as oblivious though and let out a low growl. I elbow him in the side and giggle a bit. Diana looks at Jay questioningly. I just shake my head at her and smile. She turns back around, the man, Harold, didn’t notice anything strange which is good.

When the man starts flirting with Diana again Jay decides to speak up this time, “Hey mom, when are you flying back to meet dad again?” He asked still glaring at Harold.

“Honey I told you I was flying back in a week. Your father knows too, so I don’t get why you are being so weird about it.” She says to Jay and I can’t help the laughter that spills out now.

Harold sure seems like he got the point though. He turns towards the back of the seat in front of him, staring straight ahead. He doesn’t say anything else to Diana. I turn to Jay and raise my eyebrows at him, he just acts like nothing happened. I shake my head at him and lean my head against the back of my seat.

“Do you want to watch a movie with me?” Jay asks when I was about to fall asleep.