Chapter 12

Obviously my excuse for why I couldn't see Harry was a lie.  One part of me hates myself for cancelling plans with Harry but the other is thinking logically and is in protection mode.  The last thing I want is for Harry to think I'm some easy play thing.  I guess I just don't want to get hurt and really I'm not that type of girl who sleeps around.  In fact, Harry's only the second guy I've slept with and the first was my ex boyfriend. 

I hope Harry doesn't suspect I lied to get out of plans, I would be way more than willing to hang out with him whenever and wherever but I just don't want to feel used.  I also don't want him to think I'm that type of girl even though my chances of looking like anything other than easy are slim considering what I did with him this weekend.  

Well my night is going to be pretty uneventful since I have no plans anymore.  I remind myself that I could have plans... I could be with Harry right now doing god knows what, which right now doesn't necessarily seem so bad.  I stop my thoughts and remember that I have more respect for myself than that. 

I decide to end my night early and grab the book I'm currently reading off my night table.  I get into bed and read a few chapters until I become too tired and fall asleep.  

I'm jolted out of my sleep by a loud crash coming from somewhere in my house.  My heart races and I debate whether I should go investigate or hide in my room.  Before I could think striaght I'm on my feet.  I walk cautiously over to where I hear another crash and yelling, the kitchen.  I stand in the door way where I see my mom on her knees trying to clean up the broken dishes while her dick of a boyfriend  stands over her and yells comments that she's worthless.  

She looks up and sees me standing there and I am speechless.  I've seen him get mad before but never abusive.  "Autumn!  I didn't know you came home."   I'm surprised she even noticed I left, and of course she doesnt care where I was.  This isn't really the time to made a snide comment to her though.

"Mom..."  I don't know what to say.  

I open my mouth to speak but before I can her boyfriend, Tom cuts in.  "Get the fuck out of here, this is between me and your mother."  He yells.  I'm a bit frightened but more angry.

"Go in your room Autumn."  My eyes widen... What?!  She's so weak she lets him treat her like crap so he does it.  I wish she'd stand up for herself. 

I turn and walk back to my room in the dark and get bundled up in my bed.  A tear falls from my eye and I hear it hit my pillow as I lay on my side.  I know she's a pain in my ass and we don't get along but she is my mother after all and I don't want to see her hurt.... especially when she allows it to continue to go on. 

My mind gets tired and my eyes heavy and before I know what I'm doing, I'm texting Harry.  I remember how he picked up on my bad mood.  'Hi Harry,  are you awake?'  I'm not sure what I will even say when he replies, if he's even awake.  I'm not even sure what I wanted from him, he seems trust worthly and as if he genuinely cares.  I think back to the car ride to the club that one night when he assured me that he likes hanging out with me.  He told me that he wasn't just going to sleep with me and that's it.  

I wonder if that's why he seemed so upset when I said goodbye.  Maybe he thought I thought he was using me, which is what it felt like.  Who knows, he confuses me... 

All this overthinking eventually leads to me drifting to sleep.

(I will update when this chapter gets 10 reads :) )