Chapter 25

(Harry's POV)

This whole 'pretending I only want Autumn for sex' thing already makes me feel like the shittiest person and it's only been one night. I know it was only supposed be a one night stand in the first place, but after I got to know Autumn a little more and realized how genuine of a person she is, I started falling for her.

I don't want to do this, I don't want to hurt her, but I don't know what else to do. The truth is, I know that if we become anything more, she will leave me eventually. There will be too much pressure on her and she's not used to it, and I don't want her to get hurt by what people will say because I know better than anyone that people can be assholes. I can't risk losing someone who I genuinely care about and who I know isn't like the other girls who have just used me. I know I'm being selfish...

We've got another show tonight so I go into the room where the rest of the guys are with the stylists. I sit down in a chair next to Niall and a silver-haired woman begins messing with my hair. Liam and Louis come over and sit in the chairs next to us in front of the lighted mirrors.

"Will Autumn be coming tonight?" Liam questions and I give him a look.

"What?" He holds his hands up, innocently.

"I already told you, Autumn and I aren't together, just a shag." I say and a knot forms in my chest just from saying those words.

"Alright alright. I'm just wondering because you've been inviting her to our shows lately." He shrugs and sits back in his chair and squints his eyes when the stylist sprays his hair with something.

"Oh, I thought you guys were sort of a thing, not just sex." Louis comments using air quotes and Niall nods in agreement with him.

"No, she's not that type of girl trust me." I know I shouldn't have just implied that Autumn is slutty but I just want them to get off the topic.

I want to invite her tonight but that isn't going to help stop the feelings and I want these guys off my back about it because all they are doing is making me feel worse about it.

(Autumn's POV)

I know Harry and I aren't anything exclusive and that we haven't known each other for that long, but that doesn't stop the hurt I feel after that night. Did I do something wrong? Does he like someone else? Or even worse... maybe he only said all those things about having feelings for me just so I'd stick around and be his "fuck buddy" as he called me.

The pit in my stomach grows at the thought of that, but something tells me he's not that type of guy and something in me wants to believe that the guy I've been a fan of for years wouldn't do that. But, I just can't think of any other explanation.

After allowing myself a few more minutes to probably over-analyze this whole thing, I decide that maybe he just had a bad night and it had nothing to do with me and I'll just see how he acts next time I see him before confronting him about it.

I let out a deep breath with a sigh as I sink into my couch and grab my phone from beside me to scroll through various social media. Nothing interesting, so I lock my screen and decide to take a nap to hopefully de-stress and make myself stop replaying his words and actions from that night in my head.

After maybe 3 hours, I wake up feeling calm... naps really are great. I grab my phone once again and check the same things, expecting the same 'nothing interesting' as the last time I checked. When I see photos and tweets about a certain concert from tonight I tense up slightly. He didn't invite me to this one? Didn't even mention it.

It's definitely hard to face it, but I think I can take a hint at this point that he's no longer interested in me and honestly, I should have been smarter and seen this coming. What did I think was going to happen. I was just sex to him and now he's done with me and probably onto the next one. I want to slap myself for being so stupid but instead I throw my phone across the couch in anger towards myself.

Just as my phone hits the cushion on the other side of the couch, it starts ringing and I let out a deep breath before reaching over for it. I turn over the screen to see Harry's name on my phone.

-----------------
(UPDATE SOON)

P.S: I'm super mad right now bc I had a whole next chapter written up and I accidentally lost/deleted it I'm so fkcbdihg frustrated ughhhhhh :///