Chapter 16

It's around 3:00 a.m. and I'm woken up from my sleep by the sound of the front door shutting, my mother must have just gotten home. I look around confused as to why I'm on the couch. It's dark and all I can see is black and the small strip of light when cars pass the house, so I feel around with my hands and when I feel someone laying next to me, my brain wakes up and I remember that Harry is here. I'm assuming my mother doesn't even know that he is here because its too dark to see and because she doesn't care enough to check up on me. I feel for Harry's waist to wrap my arms around him and lean into his chest and I drift off to sleep again listening to his soft snores.

**

"Autumn." my mothers voice jolts me  out of sleep and Harry too. He looks worried, he proabably thinks my mom is going to kick him out or yell or something, but he doesn't know how she is. "If you're going to sleep with random guys, at least..." she stops mid-sentence when she realizes that the random guy is 'the guy I have pictures of on my walls.' (or had because I took them down before he came over.. I figured it'd be super weird.) 

"Mom!"  I can't believe she thinks I sleep with random guys. Actually, by the looks of this, i can't say I blame her.  "We didn't..."  I become embarassed and Harry stiffles a small laugh, clearly more relaxed because my mom didn't yell. 

My mother opens her mouth as if she's about to ask a question or say something but stops herself and walks out of the room. Thank God, I don't need to be embarassed even more.  I look over to Harry and he has a humorous look on his face. We both laugh simultaniously and suddenly I remember what happened last night when Harry and I spoke about how we felt about each other. It was nice talking to him and hearing him say the things I have been feeling too. I haven't reminded myself much about how  scared I am by this whole thing because there's no way this could ever work as anything more. Or how he's an international celebrity and I'm no one and it would just be really hard. All this is moving sort of quickly so I'm just going to see where this goes. 

Harry's phone sounds and he looks at the caller ID before answering.

"Hey."  

"Yeah, I'll be there shortly.... Bye."

I look up at him as he stands up from the couch and slips his shoes on.  He pushes his hair back from his forhead before explaining.

"I've got to make a quick appearance at this event, sorry to leave so soon." He tells me and I understand.

"Oh, don't worry about it." I walk him to the door and I giggle as he tries to figure out the locks.  Finally, I help him unlock the front door and open it. 

"Speak soon, ok?" He looks at me for approval before I nod. He turns around to walk away but then, to my surprise turns back to me and plants a small kiss on my cheek causing me to smile big. 

I like where we are right now. We aren't dating or together or anything, but we aren't just fooling around anymore since we had that talk and it's nice.

A/N: UPDATE AFTER 10 READS :)