21

Edward looked down at his watch, it read 1:09 AM. He sighed and unlocked the front door.

He walked in as quietly as he could, with the goal of making it to his room without waking anyone.

Little murmurs made him stop at the front of the stairs and look back at the living room. "Baby Doll, is that you?"

Upon further inspection, Edward confirmed that Louis was on the couch all snuggled up in a mess of pillows and blankets, looking like a sleeping angel.

Edward's face cracked into a smile. He picked Louis up as gently as he could, holding the boy close to his body.

"Edward?" Louis yawned into the man's shoulder, blinking his tired eyes opened.

"Yes, Baby Doll?" Edward whispered into his ear, kissing his temple and making his way up the flight of stairs.

Edward could feel Louis' drowsy smile press into his shoulder. "I waited for you."

"Yes, Baby Doll, I saw. I'm sorry I came home so late." Edward walked into his room, gently setting Louis down onto his bed, which made Louis whine.

"Stay with me," Louis grabbed Edward's hand, hugging it tightly.

"Can I take a shower, Baby?"

"Nope, but you can cuddle with me."

"Will do, Angel."

Louis' little laughter filled up the room, it made Edward wonder how he ever lived without the addicting noise. "I'm an angel now?"

Edward hummed into Louis' neck, delving into temptation and laying on top of the boy's persuasive little body. He didn't need much convincing to do anything Louis wanted him to. "Mhm, but only mine, if Harry or Marcel ever try to call you that, I'll kill them."

"Well that's not very nice." Louis tucked a stubborn strand of hair behind Edward's ear.

"Neither is stealing my sweaters, but I suppose I'm not all too mad at you for it, you look delicious in them," Edward said, watching the boy's tired eyes attempt to stay awake just for him. "Let's go to bed now, Angel. We can talk tomorrow."

Louis whined and shook his head, "but tomorrow I won't see you again, I want to talk to you now."

"Doll, we can do whatever you want tomorrow. Okay?" Edward yawned, moving over to his side of the bed, which of course made Louis whine and scoot over to Edward, nuzzling under his arm.

"Fine," Louis mumbled into Edward's chest, snuggling closer in desperation for the man's warm body to unthaw his own.

"Baby, you're feet are freezing," Edward chuckled, trying to get Louis to move his feet from pressing against him.

"You're warm, stay still," Louis mumbled, rubbing his feet against the man's warm shins.

Edward smirked and nodded in surrender, even though he knew the boy couldn't see him.

It didn't take long for Louis and Edward to fall asleep, wrapped in each other's arms.

---

Three hours earlier

"How did this happen? No, let me rephrase that," Edward chuckled sarcastically, pacing back and forth in front of the man. "How did you let this happen? How could you be so fucking careless? You should have chose a different situation to be sloppy in, you know I've killed people for less reasons."

At the man's silence, Edward sighed, the noise echoing off of the black walls.

"Is there any information you have that would be useful to me right now? I just need a reminder of how helpful you are when you don't fuck up." Edward rubbed his temples, his patience running thin.