C.20

The three of us stood outside Wammy's House with our bags, now all switched back to English. L had his right hand in my left, and I was holding onto it for dear life.

"I don't know if I can-" I started to stutter.

"Of course you can, love." L said and started to pull me forward. I stayed rooted in place.

"I don't know if I should..." I didn't have my paint on, nor my scarf. They would all know who I was the minute I stepped in.

"Aurora, if my memory serves me correctly, and it does, they love you. They'll still love you." L stood in front of me and kissed my forehead, before I nodded, hand on a rolling bag, and Wammy opened the door to let us in.

"We're home." L breathed as we stood in the foyer, looking around.

"Nothing's changed in the slightest..." I smiled a little, tearing up a bit. I reached up with my hand to wipe under my eyes and found my makeup a little wet.

"L? Aurora?" A small voice asked, and Near was at the top of the steps. He recognised us and came running down.

"THEY'RE BACK!" He yelled and threw himself on us in a hug, and we caught him.

"Who's back?" Mello asked, popping his head out, and when he saw us, a big smile lit up his face and he ran to join the hug as well.

Soon the foyer was filled with kids all ages coming forward to see us again. I could not keep a smile off my face for the life of me.

"What's this?" Matt raised my left hand, inspecting the ring that took the shape of a rose. "You getting married?" He asked.

I looked at L, who only grinned. "She said yes." He looked at Wammy.

"I know. I heard." He gave us a look that made us both blush and go quiet.

"So when's the wedding?" Mello piped up.

L and I looked at each other, then I looked back at Mello. "We'll get back to you on that. In the meantime, saved our room for us?" I asked.

"You mean my room?" L raised a brow at me.

"Honey." I put my hand on his shoulder. "You know full and damn well it's always been our room." I said and he gave a defeated nod.

"We haven't touched it. Come on." Roger appeared and we got our bags and followed him.

"I take it you solved the Kira case?" He looked back at us.

"All thanks to Aurora, who got tired of things being slow, she forced answers out of the suspect." L said and I hit his chest.

"Don't judge me." I said and once I stepped into the room, I went and fell back on the bed, which they kept clean. "I've missed this room, this bed..." I sighed, closing my eyes.

"We're just going to unpack and probably sleep the jetlag off. Well, I'll unpack. She'll sleep." L said to Roger.

"Damn straight. Night." I said, pulling the covers over me and turning away from them. I heard Roger chuckle and the door close, then turned my head and saw L shaking his head at me.

"Come on, Aurora. You've gotta help me unpack." He said.

"We can do that later. Come sleep, I know you're tired. Even the infamous L isn't immune to jetlag." I said, reaching out to him.

"We need to unpack first." He said and I shrugged and stood up, and took my shoes off, then took my pants off, smirking as he stared at me. I lied back down on the bed, my back to him, not covered.

"You're the devil." L growled as he joined me in bed, being the big spoon, and pulled the covers over us.

"I love you too." I smiled, sighing, and relishing the warmth of his chest and his arms around me.

"I love you." He grumbled and pressed a kiss to the back of my neck. We soon settled and fell asleep, dreaming of our future to come.