C.29

Two days later, I went to choose a dress, and Near, Mello, and Matt wanted to come with me.

"Hi, I'm Aurora, I called earlier?" I said once we walked in, and a lady smiled at me.

"Of course! When are you getting married?" She asked.

"Friday." I answered and she looked a little stunned.

"That's in three days." She said.

"I'm the worst procrastinator." I gave an awkward smile. "I'm just looking for something simple, not over the top. It's a small wedding anyway, just family." I said and she nodded, and looked at the three boys, smiling at them.

"And who are these?" She asked.

"My boys. They wanted to be here with me today. Give their opinions." I said and she nodded.

"Alright, you're looking for simple. Simple... you know, we don't get enough people in here looking for simple dresses. They all want extravagant things with lace and roses and whatnot. It's nice to just see someone want something, not extravagant." She smiled, and I did as well.

"I remember when I was younger, planning my wedding. It was going to be some huge, fairy tale like event. Now I'm older, it doesn't matter to me what my wedding is like, as long as he still wants to marry me, I'm happy." I sighed and she touched her heart.

"Gross." Matt said.

"You wait until you're older, Matt." I raised a brow at him.

She soon had a few dresses picked out, and I agreed to try them all on. So she put the dresses in the fitting room, and the three boys sat on a couch. "You three behave, and if anything goes wrong..."

"I'll keep an eye on them, Aurora." Near said.

"You're the youngest out of us!" Mello said.

"Mello, don't shout." I said.

"Go try on your dresses." Matt urged me on, and I closed the door with a sigh and tried on the first one, plain silk white gown, went straight down, and had a little lace on the sleeves and bust.

I stepped out and did a small twirl. "What do you think?" I asked.

"You could do better." Mello immediately said, and Near hit him.

"Eh, I guess. It is only the first dress, after all." I shrugged and went back in.

I tried on another, plain white with a plunging neckline, and that was about it about that one.

"I mean, you look good in it, but you really wanna marry L in that?" Matt said and I pursed my lips before I went to change again.

The third dress was a plain white one, a bit tighter on the waist, and had a heart neckline and capped sleeves of lace. I stepped out and awaited their reaction.

"It's pretty on you. I like it." Mello shrugged, and I was actually surprised.

"Yeah, it's nice. Do you like it?" Matt asked.

I looked in the mirror and hummed. "Yeah, kinda do. Guess it's an option." I smiled and went to change into another dress, hanging that one on the option hook.

The fourth dress was a plain white dress that trailed down gracefully and went over my shoulders. I was honestly getting Greek vibes from it.

I stepped out and looked at myself in the mirror. "Well-"

"Yes. Yes. Let me stop you there. One hundred percent yes." Matt said and I looked to the three, who stared at me with wide eyes.

"It's perfect for you, Aurora!" Mello grinned.

I turned and put a hand on my hip, looking at them. "You two playing a joke on me? Cos I actually like this one." I said.

"No way! You're beautiful!" Near said and I smiled a little.

"Yeah, you look like Aphrodite or something." Mello nodded.

"It is pretty Greek, isn't it?" I chuckled, looking back in the mirror and turning this way and that. "Do you think L will like it?" I asked softly.

"L's gonna love it." Matt grinned, and I looked back at them.

"You sure?" I asked, biting my lip.

"He loves you, doesn't he?" Matt said.

"You're beautiful, Aurora." Near gave a tiny smile, and I was convinced.

"Alright. I guess this is the one." I said and they cheered. I soon got it off and back into my regular clothes, we paid for the dress with a card Wammy gave me, and soon left with it in a huge black bag that was strewn over my arm as we walked back to the orphanage.

"Now, remember, L cannot know what it looks like. So no blabbing." I said.

"Why not?" Near asked.

"It's bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding." I said.

"But we can tell him you look amazing in it, right?" Mello asked.

"Yeah, just to tease him?" Matt grinned.

"Yes, I suppose you can do that. But no details." I said when we got to the front door, and Near opened it as we went in.

"How was dress shopping?" L asked as he and Wammy came forward.

"It was alright. Aside from Mello and his brutal honesty." I smirked down at the blonde boy.

"What did you say?" L looked shocked at him.

"Some of the dresses were ugly. I wouldn't let her marry you in an ugly dress." Mello shook his head.

"But you didn't say she was ugly, did you?" L asked him.

"Never in a million years." Mello said and L smiled again.

"Good. Can I-" he tried to take the dress bag from me, and I turned away.

"Nope. Not allowed." I snickered and walked off.