C.27

Lawliet and I stood in front of a world map in the rec room, talking quietly about where we wanted to go.

"Well, when do we want to go?" L asked.

"I was thinking November, after our birthdays." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, I was thinking that, too." He said and I sighed, tilted my head, and started pointing out places.

"Greece would be nice, I'd like to visit the temples with you. It's embarrassing how much of a slut I am for Greek mythology." I said and he chuckled beside me. "But Italy is also nice. Then again, Italy is also overrated, but holy shit, their food..." I groaned, then travelled West.

"Switzerland... we could go there. For the chocolate, of course." I said and L nodded.

"Of course." He hummed, and I moved a little more West.

"Is it weird that France is calling me?" I whispered and he gave me a look.

"France? Really? After everything with your dad?" He asked, sounding not judgemental, but surprised.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but think. Paris in autumn." I smiled a little. "I remember it, a little. The sky is golden through all the leaves, and, believe me, Lawliet. It's beautiful." I said and looked beside me and saw him gazing at me, smiling at me softly.

"Paris?" He asked and I looked away.

"It's just an idea. Um, anywhere you were thinking?" I asked, looking back to the map.

"Paris sounds magnificent." He said and hugged me as I blushed.

"What are you two doing?" Wammy asked, and we turned.

"Planning our wedding and honeymoon." L answered.

"Oh. Have you two decided on anything?" He stepped towards us.

"Yes, we decided on getting married in November, and honeymooning in Paris." L said, and Wammy gave me a look. "Her idea, actually."

"Well. If you need any help, I am always available." He said and I reached out and touched his arm.

"Thank you." I said and hoped he knew I meant more than just this.

"Of course." He smiled at me before leaving.

L and I went to our room and I started making note of everything. "What day do you think we should have it on?" I asked and he went over and looked at a calender.

"The fifth." He said and I looked up and saw it was a Friday.

"The fifth. Alright." I said and made note of it. "Should we hire a planner since we have no idea what we're doing?" I asked.

"Probably." He nodded. "Maybe. I'm not sure. They do try to make you spend more money than you intended. I'll ask Wammy." He said and left, and I soon got up and went to go with him. He looked and saw me by his side, and he chuckled and kissed my head.

"What? You're the one who said you'd never leave my side." I said.

"I did say that. You're right." He nodded and we went into Wammy's office after knocking and found Roger in there as well.

"I expected to see you two soon, but I didn't think it would be this soon." Wammy said.

"Yeah, we have no idea what we're doing." I gave a sheepish smile.

"Well, you said November. Have you picked a date?" He asked and we sat down.

"We were thinking the fifth?" L said.

"And where?" Wammy asked.

"Uh, the church down the road, maybe? Or in the backyard. Wait, it's gonna be cold. The church is a better bet." I nodded.

"Then we need to speak with the minister. But why a church? You two aren't religious." Roger said.

"I found out there's a supernatural notebook that can kill people, and death gods exist. I don't even know what to believe anymore." I said and the room was quiet.

"She has a point." L nodded.

"Alright... so we need to speak with the minister, get the legal papers to make the marriage official, you need a dress and suit, find out who will provide food for an after party and where that will be, get a place to stay for your honeymoon, and possibly plane tickets." Wammy listed off.

"That... is so fucking much. Can you write that down?" I put my head on the desk.

"Are you alright?" Lawliet rubbed my back.

"Weddings are supposed to be simple. This does not sound simple..." I groaned, and he only chuckled.

"It'll all be worth it in the end."