C.16

L'S POV

I looked around me, finding I was in the main room, and the others were here, all working.

Someone had put a blanket over me, and I was confused.

"Rosie did that. We found you asleep and she grabbed a blanket for you. We decided to let you sleep." Light said and I still looked around.

"Who? Oh..." I remembered, then shot up now desperate to find her. She was in the corner, talking with Watari, and I stood up, fumbling with the blanket to get it off me, freeing my limbs.

"Ryuzaki, what-" Light started to ask and I walked quickly over to the two, and cut off Aurora and whatever she was saying to Watari by hugging her, feeling her stumble under me.

"L, what are you-" She said, and I jist squeezed her tighter, missing the feeling of her in my arms.

"Sh. Shut up." I said and heard her chuckle and just let me hug her. I dug my face into her shoulder, squeezing my eyes shut. "Six years." I said and felt her freeze.

"How the hell did I forget you for six years, Aurora?" I whimpered and felt her arms come up to hug me back.

"I mean, you are pretty stupid, L." She chuckled.

"I'm so sorry." I sniffed a little, wanting nothing more than for her to forgive me and love and hug me and I just wanted her.

"Aw, honey, it's okay. It's all okay." One of her hands came up to stroke my hair. I felt myself crumbling, breaking down. "Hey, come on." She said and pulled me to her room, closing the door behind us. I followed her to the bed, and immediately latched onto her again, making her laugh.

"L." She asked once her laughter died down, and I tilted my head a little to look at her. "Do you hate me?" She asked in a soft voice.

"No, no, no, no. I could never." I held her cheek in my hand, and she closed her eyes and leaned into my hand. "I love you, Aurora."

"But I'm not the Aurora you know. I'm a killer." She said, looking at me with wet eyes.

"That's not your fault. That's on your dad, the bastard. We can work past this, you know? You're still my Aurora." I said, then spotted her makeup remover on her vanity, and took a wipe out, and looked to her before I began removing her paint.

Once it was all clear, she remained looking into my eyes, those beautiful eyes of hers. I tossed the wipe aside and took her face in my hands, studying every feature.

"You're so beautiful. I love you." I said and kissed her lips gently and quickly.

"I love you too. I missed you so much." She broke as well and crushed me in a hug, as I did her.

We lied there forever, on her bed, hugging, holding each other. Sometimes one of us cried a little, sometimes both of us. Sometimes I would press a kiss to her skin or her lips, sometimes she would press the softest of a kiss to me. When the both of us calmed down, we lied on our sides, facing each other, when an idea popped into my head.

"I'm never leaving you again, and I'm going to prove it." I said and kissed her forehead before getting up, and she sat up in confusion.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To prove it. I'll be back, promise." I said and kissed her lips before I slipped on a pair of shoes before getting Watari to come with me.

"Stepping out for a moment. Continue working." I told the rest of them, and Watari and I left, going to a jewellery store.

"What are we doing here, Ryuzaki?" He questioned as I looked through a display case of engagement rings.

"I'm going to marry Aurora." I said, not looking back at him, but I could tell he was shocked. "I'm not leaving her again, Watari. Where she goes, I go. Where I go, she goes. I'm not going to make the same mistake again." I said and finally looked back at him. "I love her."

His face shifted from shock to a gentle smile. "I know you do. I remember how the two of you used to be."

A worker came up and helped me find one, and he understood that it was super important that the ring was in a rose shape.

I soon had the perfect ring, and we were walking back, the box heavy in my jeans pocket. "Do you think she'll say yes?" I asked as we stood outside the doors.

"I don't see how she couldn't." Watari said and opened the door for me.