C.19

Not five minutes later did the rest of the task force show up, L with a recording, and got Light in handcuffs and on a stretcher. Misa had already been taken into custody, and some people were now wheeling the dead woman away.

"How do you feel?" L asked, his hand tracing my back.

"In shock, I guess." I said and his hand hit my pistol, and he lifted my sweater, sighed, and lowered it back down.

"I'm not going to ask." He shook his head and I grinned a little behind my scarf.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"We go home." Mogi answered and we turned and saw the rest of the task force, and I hated the look on Mr Yagami's face. I turned and bowed to him.

"I'm extremely sorry that Kira was your son, Mr Yagami. I can't imagine what you're feeling." I said and he cleared his throat, and I looked up.

"I just have to accept it, don't I?" He said and I had no idea how to respond as he walked away.

L, Watari, and I went back to HQ to pack up, and L took significantly less time than I did. Mostly because I had to destroy my "insurance" flash drive.

"Remember when Watari said that everyone wanted you to come back to Wammy's, Aurora?" He asked behind me as I still packed.

"Yeah, what about it?" I said, standing up.

"Well, I wanna ask you... two things, really." He said and I turned and saw him kneeling on the ground in front of me, ring box open in his hand. "Will you come back with me and marry me?"

My jaw dropped and my eyes flicked from the ring to his face, and spent much more time on his face, trying to find out if he was actually serious.

"You're... not joking?" I asked, and it seemed my voice came out in whispers.

"After being away from you for six years, I never want to leave you again. I want you by my side forever. Will you?" L asked again.

Without even answering, I dropped to the ground and hugged him tightly, kissed him, then hugged him again.

"Yes, Jesus, yes! Is that even a question? Yes yes yes!" I said and we pulled apart for the shortest amount of time so he could put the ring on me, then brought me back in a deep kiss.

And like the flip of a switch, the kiss grew heated. L began pulling my shirt over my head, and I to his. I pulled back and panted one word: "Door." And L got up to close and lock the door as I went to the bed.

L soon joined me back in a kiss, the two of us still working to get the rest of our clothes off, and once we were bare, we fell into a deep, passionate kiss.

I felt him hard against my hip, but it didn't seem like he was going to do anything about it, so I began moving my lower half to grind against him, and he hissed in a breath, and looked at me.

"You weren't doing anything." I shrugged.

"I wanted to take my time with you." He sighed.

"Take your time with me later, I haven't felt you in six years." I said and he laughed a little before positioning himself and looking to me for assurance before pushing in.

The feeling was old and familiar, I hadn't been with anyone since the last time we were together, so this feeling came back to me slowly.

L was already moving, and my eyes shut as I pressed my forehead against his shoulder. "Lawliet..." I whined, my nails slightly digging in.

"I know, Aurora, love." He hummed, placing a gentle kiss on my neck before reaching down with his thumb and rubbing pressured circles into the spot that really needed it.

After years of waiting for this, I came in no time, and L soon pulled out and came onto my stomach, following me.

"Oh, sorry." He said and reached over to the bedside table for a tissue and cleaned me up. He went to throw it away, then joined me in bed, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Hey, what time is our flight?" I asked suddenly and looked over at the clock. After realising it was in less than an hour, we jumped to get dressed and help me pack so we could get the fuck to the airport.