C.17

When L came back, he acted pretty normally, but then when he sat on the floor in front of his computer, he reached his hand out to me.

"Aurora." He said and I rolled my eyes before grabbing my tea and going over. He patted the space in front of him, and I sat down cross legged, until he pulled me back until my back hit his chest.

"Careful, I'm holding hot tea." I mumbled and he put his arms around me, his head resting on my shoulder to look at his screen.

"Sorry." He mumbled and I sipped some of my tea.

"What'd you go out for?" I asked softly.

"It's a secret." He said in my ear. "You'll know later. Now shush."

I huffed. "Meanie." And sipped my tea. L responded my placing a kiss on my cheek by my ear.

So I sat there and looked over documents with him, then soon grabbed a notepad and wrote down what we knew.

"Let's go over what we know for a quick second." I said in English to L, and he looked down at my notes as I read them aloud to him.

"The killer must be a student in the Kanto region. Light. The killer must be a relative of the police. Light. The killer acts alone and must be among those investigated by the FBI during the first 5 days. Still Light. The killer was investigated by Raye Pember and is thus part of Chief Yagami's family or part of Sub-Chief Kitamura's family. Amazing, Light is in one of those families. And, oh yeah, let's not forget, your gut tells you it's Light. Why haven't we arrested him yet?" I asked, looking back at L.

"There isn't exactly enough concrete evidence?" He said and I gave him 'really?' eyes. "Do you have a solution?" He asked, widening his eyes.

"You may not like it." I whispered in French to him, so no one would understand.

"Tell me anyway." He said in French back. and I turned around completely to face him.

"Let me introduce you to pentothal. Sodium thiopental." I said and his eyes widened.

"You're going to drug him?" He hissed.

"He won't remember it, it's an anaesthetic. We'll only need to give him a little, and once it sets in and gets him nice and high, he'll answer anything we want to know." I whispered.

"How will we-" L started.

"Leave it to me. All you have to do is get your hands on a wire." I said and stood up, then pressed a kiss to his forehead before I went to get dressed and leave.

I made my way to the back of a hospital, and made my way around, my face covered with my scarf, and found a medicine supply room. I soon found a few bottles of pentothal, and slipped one in my bag, along with a couple small vials with long stems.

I left without being noticed and soon got back to the room, formulating a plan. I hid the supplies and rejoined L and everyone.

"Watari has a wire you can wear that transmits to my laptop that I can record back here." L said in French in my ear when I sat back next to him.

"Perfect. Just have him put it in my room so we'll be ready tomorrow." I said in French back.

"Tomorrow?" He turned his head and looked at me.

"Sooner the better." I grinned.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Misa came up and I looked around and saw eyes on us all across the room. "We couldn't understand a word, like you were trying to hide something."

I tried my best to look embarrassed. "Oh, you know, plans for um." I coughed a little. "After. The um, stuff people do together... you know." I said and her face turned bright red.

"Oh." She mumbled, looking away.

"Yeah, we didn't think you guys would want to hear that..." I said and clicked my tongue. "I'm gonna go now." I said with a nod and got up to leave.

"There's no need to be embarrassed." L said and I shot him a look before going off to bed.

I thanked the Gods for my acting skills daily.