Baby I'm Right Here

So here is the fortieth chapter.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song: Dusk Till Dawn- Zayn ft. Sia

Ryder's POV:

It's been two days since I asked Natalia if she had any feelings for me. When she said she didn't and broke my heart all over again. I was sitting at the back of class. She was sitting in the corner opposite from me. She stared outside not paying attention to what was happening around her. I wonder what she was thinking about.

I had been a mess since then. I hadn't slept or eaten. I went straight to the bar and got completely wasted after leaving her house. I don't know what I had done wrong. What made her change her mind. I thought I could make her fall for me.

Stupid. I know.

I tried had tried talking to her, tried calling her and tried texting her. But she didn't respond. She completely ignored me. She arrived at school late and left as soon as the bell rang. She wasn't at her house and her friends didn't know why she was doing this either. The ball rang and class was over. She dashed out of the class. I should've just told her how I felt about her. 'As if that would've made a difference.'

Aaron met me in the hallway. We both skipped and went to the back of school. She didn't come back here either. I had started smoking more.

"You need to stop this. Both of you are fucking crazy about each other but won't admit." Aaron said frustratedly.

"She's not crazy about me. She hardly cares." I said to him coldly. He looked at me as if I were crazy.

"Do you know how many times a day she asks us how you are?" He said. I was actually a little surprised. But if she really cared she wouldn't push me away the way she did. Without any warning. Without any reason.

"That's probably because... because..." I didn't know what to say. Why would she ask about how I was? Couldn't she see it? I shook my head.

"Let's get out of here." I said. Yes, I was going to go get wasted. I was going to try to forget her. Even though that wasn't going to happen.

---------

Natalia's POV:

I saw him leaving school. It was painful looking at him. His eyes had lost all the brightness in them. 'You did that to him.' I tried to avoid him as much as possible.

"Why did you push him away Natalia?" Alyssa asked me.

"Something would happen to him." I said. She looked at me angrily.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Don't you get it? You need each other." She said. He had tried calling me, texting me and talking to me. I completely cut him off. I guess he gave up. I had forced him to.

"I don't need you to tell me what I need and I don't." I said to her. She crossed her hands over her chest.

"Really? It sure doesn't look that way?" She retorted. I glared at her.

"Fuck off Alyssa." I said before slamming my locker and walking away.

"What happened?" I heard Andre ask her. I didn't hear the rest of their conversation because I left school and drove back home. I thought things would go back to normal. That I would become the same heartless Natalia who ignored him and he ignored me. I was ignoring him but it hurt. I didn't want to.