Chapter 5

My morning routine of running late was really starting to get old. When I came back home last night from my run and run in with Noah the creep; I decided to take a power nap but that turned into a snooze. It was now 8:50 and I had approximately one minute to look decent.

I ran a comb through my long brown hair, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I stared at the bottle of foundation contemplating whether or not I wanted to look like an alien today. I decided I would attempt the human look.  I applied a layer of foundation that made my tanned skin look golden and fresh. I layered my eyelashes with a touch of mascara that brough extra attention to my unusual blue eyes. I always thought my blue eyes were scary seeing as I wasn't exactly white. Growing up people would always comment on them and they would always pose the question of whether one of my parents were white with blue eyes. Some even joked around and said that my mother must have had an affair with a white fellow and that's how I got them. I wasn't overly dark but just tanned like my mother is.

Was.

This was as good as it was going to get. I flipped my hair over my shoulder and made my way downstairs prepared to basically run to school.

I made my way out the door and was going to start walking to school but I was surprised to find Noah leaning against the white fence that surounded my new home.

This guy was going to give me blood pressure, the last thing I needed was him telling me that I was in his way again. He wanted to drive me out of Arizona I could just feel it.

I decided to walk past and not acknowledge him until I remembered what he said last night about starting over and wanting a clean slate. I contemplated whether or not to ignore him, but how could I when he was standing a foot away from me now.

He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Took you long enough."

"I woke up 5 minutes ago arrest me."

" I would gladly put you in cuffs." He said with a wink.

" You're a pig.  And you really shouldn't be talking to other girls like that when you're with somebody else." I said back defending myself.

"And who do you say I'm with?" He asked like he was unaware of his relationship with Triss.

" Triss. You know, blonde hair perfect body, perfect smile, you're with her." I raised an eyebrow at him waiting for his response. 

" You shouldn't believe everything you hear."

" I didn't just hear, I saw."

" You've never seen two people make out for the hell of it before? I guess not because people up in the country are all brothers and sisters. Do you have something to confess? Have you ever made out with one of your cousins?"  He asked jokingly but I was not taking this joke lightly.

" This conversation is officially over Noah." I remarked as I began to walk away from him realizing I was even more late than before. 

" It was a joke come on ease up! What happened to starting over?" He asked placing a hand over his chest signifying he was hurt.

" I have plenty of friends thank you."

" So? What's one more! Why are you so reluctant to letting me  be your friend?"

" I'm not I just highly doubt we would get along and I really do not need drama in my life. "

" Drama? I am anything but drama." He said back with a confused expression.

I started to think back to why he was waiting outside my house when he said,"I thought we'd walk to school together you know, be friends."

" Well let me just ask you this. Why were you so rude to me yesterday? I don't recall doing anything to deserve it."