Chapter 17

"Thanks for the lift Aunt May, I really appreciate it. Don't worry after a few months at this job I can put some money into buying my own car." I began, " It would come in handy and I wouldn't have to inconvenience you. What you have done for me already is more than enough." I continued.

"Hunny, don't be silly! This money that you're making right now should go to your pocket. If you need a car I can get you a car. Don't waste that money you make,you may need it someday. And I don't want you to ever say that again, I'm lucky to have you. I've always wanted a daughter and I count you as one."

"Thanks Aunt May, but I can't accept you buying me things,especially not a car." I objected.  If I was going to get something like that I would try and afford it on my own.  I mean it's bad enough that I've sprung in on her life and I'm living in her house.

"Well we could make a deal that once you are able to pay half of what you need to afford the car, I'll pay the other half. That's fair enough right?" She negotiated.

"I'll think about it, but I really don't want you paying for anything." I rebutted again.

"Look you're a 17 year old girl and you need a means of transport besides the bus and if I can help you get that, I sure as hell will."

"You're the best Aunt May,you really are." Was all I could respond.

"On another note, do you want to tell me what is going on between you and Noah?" She winked.

"Nothing,we're just friends. Actually I'm not sure we're even that." I said scratching my head confused.

"You both look like friends...maybe even a little more." She nudged me.

"Noah is the last boy on earth that I could ever be with. He's rude, condescending, moody, immature and did I mention rude?!"

My aunt just stared at me, a smile spreading across her face, "You kind of sound like you like him."

"What part of what I said sounded like I can even tolerate the guy? And anyways there's actually someone else." I said calming down.

"Spill it, tell me who? Have I met him?" She asked like a curious high school girl.

"No you haven't, and his name's Christian. " I said blushing.

"Like the religion?" She laughed.

"Yeah that's what I thought too! Anyways he's a really nice guy but lately I've been doubting just how nice he really is." I said remembering how he was apart of some gang.

"Don't look for a problem in him, accept him for what he is and if there is something really wrong with him, kick that son of a bitch to the curb. But honestly you need to learn to be happy and not search for flaws in a person to give you an excuse to push them away." My aunt said wisely but I wasn't sure who she really was talking about.

"Are we still talking about Christain Aunt May?" I asked arching an eyebrow at her. "Or my father?"

"Your father is a bastard and I don't know why my sister married him. I was talking in general and maybe even about Noah. I've spoken to him a few times and he sounds like a friend that really has your interest at heart. He doesn't seem at all rude or condescending. "

" That's because he's also manipulating!"

We pulled up in front of Kellys and as soon as I was ready to get out of the car Aunt May called back to me.

"Look, sometimes people put on the tough act to cover up something else,it could be hurt. I know someone close to us that does just that. Have a good shift hunny." She said before I closed the door and made my way inside the diner.