Chapter 8: KILLER?!

The spirit board was a terrible idea. By the end of it, Josh had run off. The ghost that was talking to you was Hannah. You felt tears flow from your eyes. Chris and Ashley were talking about what happened, completely ignoring you existence. Normally you would be hurt, but at the moment you were to busy having flashbacks.

You stood up from your quickly, the chair falling over due to the force you got up with. Chris and Ashley turned and looked at you, concerned. Their eyes widened as they saw the tears on your cheeks. Chris reached out, as if to wipe them away and comfort you, but you were already out the door of the lodge. You needed time to get a hold of yourself.

You walked through the snow, listening to it crunch under your feet. Normally you would be freezing, but you were in to much emotional pain to even notice the cold. You froze in place as you heard a screeching sound and the rustle of leaves. When you didn't hear the noise again, you shrugged it off and quickly started moving again.

You weren't sure if you were imaging the sounds. But you decided to be cautious just in case. You decided to head back to lodge as you were gone longer than you thought.

You were about to open the lodge door, when you hear screaming coming from the direction of the shed. You quickly ran towards the screaming. You opened the door of the shed and saw Ashley tied to a large piece of wood and a weird hanging lump above a chainsaw next to her. You walked closer and let out a cry when you saw the remains of Josh hanging. Chris burst through the door with tears in his eyes. He ran to Ashley and untied her. He turned in your direction and was surprised to see you standing by the door, quietly sobbing. He helped Ashley over to you and pulled you both into his chest. The three of you cried for your lost friend before deciding that it would be best to leave before whoever killed Josh decided to pay a visit.

You stopped crying after a bit of walking with Chris and Ash back towards the lodge. Your depression was replaced with rage. You knew one thing for sure......whoever the dickhead who killed Josh was, he was going to pay.