Chapter 16: Time to Dodge and Weave!

You were honestly done with Mike talking to a wolf for a good percentage of the time you were in the mines. Every time you guys were trying to figure out what to do next, it always ended with a, "What do you think, Wolfie?" , from Mike. You were getting a bit sick of it. Just a bit....okay a lot!

But that was besides the point. Right now you were trying to keep still as possible. You just out ran a ugly ass Wendigo and locked yourselves in a room with another one that appeared to be sitting on a desk or table of sorts. Wolfie was next to Mike and you were behind them both.

You struggled not to move and even tried to limit your breathing. You let out a quiet breath of relief when the Wendigo jumped onto another table-desk and turned around. Mike and Wolfie started moving, but you paused mid-step. Mike looked at you like you were crazy before his eyes widened when he saw what you were looking at. A beer bottle, rolling off the table.

You quickly reached for the bottle and caught it before it hit the ground. You looked at Mike and nodded before crossing to the next table and silently running the hell out of there.

You still had your trusty wooden plank, but Mike tossed aside the pistol for a shotgun when the pistol ran out of bullets. This place was just littered with weapons for some reason. Not that you were complaining, of course.

You, Mike, and Wolfie carefully walked down the hallway and turned the corner. You sighed at what you saw. The Wendigos were behind bars, yes, but they had long ass arms and the cages were right across from each other. Avoiding one Wendigo would force into the long arms of another.

Great, you thought, more Wendigos. Time to dodge and weave!